I have a Fender HRDX but I feel I want more. Anybody have any ideas. Don't worry about a budget.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Or any mods I can do to my amp to spice it up?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
You want more in terms of what? You're going to have to give us much more details.
More grit and dirt I guess. I have a Keeley Modded Tubescreamer but I want to be able to get a nicer overdrive out of the amp too. If it's possible maybe something with a little less headroom, or something that will help me get the "woman" tone. Or something similar to Santana's.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Get an amp with lower wattage, 20 watts or similar. Do you still want to stick with Fender, or do you want a different kind of sound this time?
A different kind of sound. More british, more boutique.

EDIT unless its vintage Fender.

The amp must compliment my PRS Custom 22.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Last edited by The_Okie at Mar 2, 2007,
just turn the amp up with the tube screamer on as a booster
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Ah, british.

Check out Laney, and second hand Marshalls. Should we bring out the big guns (the boutique amps), since there's no budget?
Quote by mr_hankey
Ah, british.

Check out Laney, and second hand Marshalls. Should we bring out the big guns (the boutique amps), since there's no budget?

Of course. I'm willing to spend a hefty amount on my quest for tone heaven.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by The_Okie
Of course. I'm willing to spend a hefty amount on my quest for tone heaven.

Damn. The possibilities are endless. Would you prefer vintage or new?

EDIT:
Check these out: http://www.cornfordamps.com/launch.html
I just heard about them recently, so I don't have any first-hand experience.
I love the vintage stuff. So what about that?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
British?

How about Hiwatt or something? They're very British, but they have a lot of headroom. Orange? They are another very British brand, but they're grittier I think. Very good amps though. Then there's obviously things like Plexis and the like, that were used by bands far and wide, and by blues/psychadelic people like Cream and the like.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Blues Rock Psychedelic sounds like Jimi to me, so a Super Lead? Or a JTM 45 (more of an early Clapton sound)?
Look for these on eBay, or check shops for the reissues.

Fenders-
Just any Blackface really.

I personally would take vintage over new any day; the reliability might not always be the same, but it's got the tone, and the mojo.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Mar 2, 2007,
If anybody on here watches Becker, you know the guitar playing during the opening sections or during the show? I love that tone. Does anybody know who plays on it?

EDIT- The Cornford's sounded really nice. Any other boutique stuff you know of?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Last edited by The_Okie at Mar 2, 2007,
I tried it...Couldn't find anything. Anymore great boutique amps?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Vox makes fabulous amps. Very British sounding, as they are British.
Can't stop the signal.
Dr Z, Cornell (Clapton plays those nowadays),

Just get a nice amp from the 60's!
I want the Dr. Z Route 66 man.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
^ what you want is to keep your fender for cleans, and get a Vox and crank that bitch for distortion. Gritty, and sounds pretty awesome distorted, check out any Queen song to see what i mean. Best. Tone. Period.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
^ what you want is to keep your fender for cleans, and get a Vox and crank that bitch for distortion. Gritty, and sounds pretty awesome distorted, check out any Queen song to see what i mean. Best. Tone. Period.

I know, May's tone is great. AC15 or AC30? How much is an ABy switch thing?

And where can I find real deal sound clips, not just Queen songs, because I know he loops 3 AC30s.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Hmm, I'd say either get a Vox AC30 or get some THD Yellow Jackets to stick in your Fender.

http://www.thdelectronics.com/products/yellow_jacket.htm

How will they effect my cleans?

EDIT Oh! They're just converters... Which EL-34s do you reccomend? I'm in the dark when it comes to tubes.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Can I get the Woman tone with them?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Yeah, I'm sure you could. Clapton uses mostly Marshalls, and the converters would ultimately give you a Class A tube amplifier sound, if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry to be a noob but, what is a class A sound?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Basically, it will give you the British tone found in Marshalls and Voxs. Of course, it won't sound exactly like those amps, but it's much cheaper.
Well i have the Yellow Jackets (in my Plexi) and theyre great, but not something to get if you want a british tone only, id reccomend a new amp.

Want a Vox? Check these out:
http://www.jmiamplification.com/h1.htm

They make replicas of the old AC30's and AC15's.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Get a Silvertone 1484 or 1485 piggyback. You'll be a psychodelic hero to all your friends. Zeppelin, CCR, Velvet Underground, all played these things. Jack White plays 'em now (not that he's the King of Tone). Still, you'd be hard pressed to get any more retro, and the prices on 'em are still somewhat reasonable.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Get a Silvertone 1484 or 1485 piggyback. You'll be a psychodelic hero to all your friends. Zeppelin, CCR, Velvet Underground, all played these things. Jack White plays 'em now (not that he's the King of Tone). Still, you'd be hard pressed to get any more retro, and the prices on 'em are still somewhat reasonable.

I can't find them anywhere.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker (JTM45 combo), Orange, Hiwatt would all probably arouse you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker (JTM45 combo), Orange, Hiwatt would all probably arouse you.

The JTM45 sure does arouse me.
Quote by The_Okie
I can't find them anywhere.

Try eBay
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The bassmans have a nice tone, but I would maybe try the hiwatt classics for some brit tone. Dr. Z amps are very classic, i played one and played a blues driver threw it and it was sooo amazing i was playing some old clapton and cream and it sounded just amazing.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby