3 30%
Phase 90 Script
3 30%
Phase 100
1 10%
Flanger
3 30%
Voters: 10.
Today, my Phase 90(block logo) Started not going on and the adapter overheating tremendously quickly and getting very hot. I initially though it was the adapter but after the same thing occured with a battery, i realized that it was the pedal itself. Warranty is out and I can't return it. I think it short circuted and is drawing to much current but I really don't know. Any Way I am going to need a New Phase but after trying a Flanger, I
am uncertain what to get. I am looking for a deep rich Script "swell|" in the phaser and something similar to the "Aint talking bout love, Unchained, etc." with the Flanger. I can only get 1 right now and I will be using the pedal for clean tones alot. I am thinking ONE of the following:

- MXR Phase 90 Block Logo/Block Phaser
- MXR Phase 90 Script Logo/Script Phaser
- MXR Phase 100
- MXR Flanger

This Video demonstrates A almost perfect recreation of the Classic "Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love" tone. The amp is a Marshall Plexi reissue modded w/ internally jumped channels &
Master volume and Reverb. They say he used a Flanger, not a Phaser to achieve this tone? Is this accurate? Would a Flanger Be a better buy that a Phaser.

Also, what is the differance between a Script phase and a Block Phase.

Here are the Links:
Phase 90
Script
Phase 100
Flanger

NOTE: please only reccomend MXR products, I have tried others and have preferred MXR each time.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Have you even checked if the pedal can be fixed? It could be something very simple, that you could do yourself.
well I'm asuming the worst has happened. However someone will be taking a serious look at it soon( i'v already takin a look). Hopefully it can be fixed
Quote by rooster456

even though it's passed your warranty, send it back to MXR/Dunlop for repairs to back up their work. Don't ask, just do it. Don't give them a chance to say no. They will most likely not want to mess with it so they will send you a new one.
dude warranty is out by 4 months... They won't accept it
Quote by rooster456

MXR make an eddie van halen signature phase 90. It is switchable between the script logo sound and the block logo sound - so perfect. They also do a signature flanger, which has a button that automatically recalls the settings for the unchained flanger sound...
so if it falls apart at month number 5 they say "too bad"? They'll back-up their product. At least try calling them up
Quote by Gutch220
so if it falls apart at month number 5 they say "too bad"? They'll back-up their product. At least try calling them up

Yeah I'll Give it a Shot. Maybe it'll work. Most MXR products don't malfunction.

Anyway, Incase it doesn't work, Any sugggestions(look @ fist post)
Quote by rooster456

They will just want to get rid of you, so they'll give you a new one......

..... if you want to start threatening them do it right. DON'T talk to customer service, they are trained to get you off the phone. Talk to a sales rep and tell them you are going to buy a few shares of their stock (Dunlop, or whatever it is) and when your proxy comes in the mail you'll waive your proxy and speak in front of other LARGE share holders/investors at annual meetings. They legally have to let you speak. They will not want this to happen since a slight drop in their share value will cost them millions. Again, these are mainly just threats for now, but see how fast they ship out whatever you want for free. Just talk to a sales rep and not a customer service rep (probably in a foreign country or something)
Quote by Gutch220

..... if you want to start threatening them do it right. DON'T talk to customer service, they are trained to get you off the phone. Talk to a sales rep and tell them you are going to buy a few shares of their stock (Dunlop, or whatever it is) and when your proxy comes in the mail you'll waive your proxy and speak in front of other LARGE share holders/investors at annual meetings. They legally have to let you speak. They will not want this to happen since a slight drop in their share value will cost them millions. Again, these are mainly just threats for now, but see how fast they ship out whatever you want for free. Just talk to a sales rep and not a customer service rep (probably in a foreign country or something)

Wow, like it. I don't think i'd be able to pull that off however. Has it worked for you?
Ill take the busted phase 90 if you don't want it But if you are going to get a new one maybe get a block logo and mod it the specs of the script
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by drjimuk
Wow, like it. I don't think i'd be able to pull that off however. Has it worked for you?

I never had to try it, but I've heard of it working for other people.
Quote by Gutch220

Thread starter, try to get it fixed and then by a flanger so you have both!
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??