ok i was in class today and really tired cos i dont get much sleep--anyways this guy in my class--his mum had cancer so they read up about it and everything like that--he said that sometimes lack of sleep could cause cancer--is this true? anyone at all know?
UG Power Rangers, Now Recruiting.

Current Team:
Bombtrack - Red Ranger
Circus - Green Ranger
Slinov - Blue Ranger
Sunovagun - Black Ranger
Fairycondomboy-Pink Ranger

PM Bombtrack for info on how to join the team.
No idea..

I dont sleep much too, so im worried now
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Um no I havent seen or heard any evidence to support that. Lack of sleep will not lead to cancer.

EDIT:

Lack of sleep affects mood, concentration and mobility. Serious lack or no sleep for very long periods of time affect heart rhythm and metabolic function which can lead to death, but no cancer.

Cancer is caused by the failure of the cell to undergo autolysis. (I think that is the word). Basically the cell does not die but keeps reproducing. It then grows capilleries and draws a lot of blood as it forms a tumor.

Cancer is caused by any agent able to prevent autolysis, any agent that is a free radical and can damaged the necessary genes on DNA molecules that tell the cell to self destruct.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Mar 2, 2007,
that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Everything causes cancer, don't you watch the news?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
thats ridiculous... r u paranoid?
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
no, your body is just more vulnerable to sickness(colds, etc.) when you lose a lot of sleep
When all else fails, ask the pit.
oh wups sorry i just saw that ur from scottland... i remember a kid from scottland was in my class... my was he retarded..
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Are you that gullible? Besides, a lot of people have cancer dormant within their bodies and it's just waiting for a trigger. Cancer survival rates today are very high, so don't worry too much. Still, lack of sleep causing cancer is quite a stretch, I wouldn't go that far.

It's a shame scientists can't pin-point some of the main causes of cancer (besides smoking) so we don't have to be subjected to these colourful theories about everyday foods.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 2, 2007,
the stress caused by your worrying about it is probably more dangerous than the lack of sleep itself...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
If you live in California it does
(I wonder if anyone got that)
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by Fairycondomboy
he said that sometimes lack of sleep could cause cancer--is this true? anyone at all know?

Lack of sleep can cause some mental situations (not severe though) but scientists havent figured out exactly the sideeffects of it.
The same thing goes with the abuse of sleep..

Cancer is most likely to appear to weak organisms and it can also pass genetically.
Cancer is just abnormal cells which produce rapidly creating something like a bubble.. Cancer itself doesnt cause pain, the bubble does, by pressuring and squeezzing the nerves in the organs..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
cortisol works better when the body is at rest and for those of you who don't know cortisol is the substance in your body that fights against colds and anything that is not supposed to be in your body, that's why you are always told to get rest when you are sick. If you have lack of sleep it can almost accelerate cancer that already exists in your body but I don't believe not having enough sleep can give you cancer. You will just be really tired and eventually have one time where you will sleep for many hours regaining all your lost sleep. Those are the best sleeps in the world IMO, or the ones after a hard day's work
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
lmao...all cancer is is unstopped cell growth due to "errors" in mitosis... lack of sleep will not cause cancer

the way i "toned" what i said doesn't mean i'm downplaying cancer in any way..but sleep will not CAUSE cancer.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
I don't really know, but im assuming that the lack of sleep wears down your immune system making you more vunerable to sickness, but cancer? i'm not sure...
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
whew---yeah he does speak alot of shite but you know---sometimes with these things you just have to be sure---you guys certainly seem to know stuff---and they say the pit has no intelligence.......
UG Power Rangers, Now Recruiting.

Current Team:
Bombtrack - Red Ranger
Circus - Green Ranger
Slinov - Blue Ranger
Sunovagun - Black Ranger
Fairycondomboy-Pink Ranger

PM Bombtrack for info on how to join the team.
^ If we must have some intelligence we can but most of the time we just screw around...
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
If you read the Daily Mail, youd know that asylum seekers cause cancer.
lack of sleep won't cause cancer as far as I know... don't worry for such a small thing, there's much more scary stuff out there fairyboy . However lack of sleep is bad in other aspects..
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Bs
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*