Well this is probably my third take at this song. I have done all the others decently, but I always had the latency set up weird in my recordings, which ****ed up the timing. So this time, I took my brothers Spider and used the CD input to play the BT while I played over it. Because of this, it was all taken in one take, and the sound quality is shit. It sounds like a flanger is on right before the solo, and it makes my XXX sound different than it does in real life. It also doesnt help im recording into Audacity with a 10 dollar mic from Best Buy, but whatever. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on how to improve my playing or make my recordings not sound such low quality without spending any money I would like to hear them. Thanks.
sounds pretty good for a spider. you didn't follow the origional exactly, but is sounds pretty good. the backing track sounds kind of funny. you did the chorus a bit incorectly, on the origional he does harmonics on the d and g strings with a wammy bar bit. but nothing major. the solo sounds a bit messed up, but its a difficult solo (at least for me) and pretty good for one take.

over all very nice job. im impressed.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529382
Too cool for a signature.
It Might just be the shit recording quality but it hought you were slightly out of tune, however the tone on the solo was very close to the original. Overall great cover, and i noticed what you mean some parts do sound liek they phaser on them>
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by chrisatgrace
sounds pretty good for a spider. you didn't follow the origional exactly, but is sounds pretty good. the backing track sounds kind of funny. you did the chorus a bit incorectly, on the origional he does harmonics on the d and g strings with a wammy bar bit. but nothing major. the solo sounds a bit messed up, but its a difficult solo (at least for me) and pretty good for one take.

over all very nice job. im impressed.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529382

Haha, the guitar was recorded with my Peavey XXX. I used the Spider for the BT to play through, so they were both playing at the same time. Shows how shit my quality is, lol. Belive me, it sounds nothing like that in real life. And I dont have a whammy bar, so I just kind of improvised some stuff, so that might be why it was played wrong. And I dont really like sticking to the original note for note. But anyway, thanks man. Im going to check out your stuff.
yeah , it sounds alittle out of tune and real high and low mids should get more mid to give the overall sound what it needs ,,,, but all in all pretty wel l done ,,,,,,,6/6
Sorry but the tone kinda sucked, and the solo was kinda messed up. Other than that it was ok.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
other than the tone and quality, it soudned rpetty good to me
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
^I can get some decent quality when i record the tracks seperate. Its just because my shit mic wont pick up sounds unless I turn up my amp past 1/4 of the way up, so its very loud, and it kind of breaks it up. I cant record the tracks sepratley because I then get a lag, and it sounds like everything is half a beat off. Thanks for the offer though. If you know how to do it when recording 2 rediculously loud sounds together, please PM me telling me how.
Quote by thetoastinator
^I can get some decent quality when i record the tracks seperate. Its just because my shit mic wont pick up sounds unless I turn up my amp past 1/4 of the way up, so its very loud, and it kind of breaks it up. I cant record the tracks sepratley because I then get a lag, and it sounds like everything is half a beat off. Thanks for the offer though. If you know how to do it when recording 2 rediculously loud sounds together, please PM me telling me how.

Tube amps(like your Peavey XXX) sound better loud.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^Yeah, I know. but the XXX also gets almost all of its tone from the preamp, so the cranking the power amp doesnt have as much of an effect on it as it would on like, a Marshall. Plus, Im 15 and live with my parents, and they get pissed when I have it past 3 anyway.