Alrighty, its time to step into the real world and get another guitar besides my crappy Ibanez. I've got about $300-350 to spend, and i'm buying used. I play alot of hardcore, grindcore, basically heavy stuff. However, I do like my cleans every now and then. I'd rather have a guitar with 24 frets, a mahogany body, and a trem would be nice, but I can live without it and be just as happy.
I'm stuck between these three guitars right now.

An Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top for $300. It has an EMG 81 and 85 and new Sperzel tuners.

A Schecter C1 Plus for $250, with GFS PAF pickups.

An Ibanez S520EX for $300, stock, with a little bit of cosmetic damage on the body.

Any opinions on what I should get? and why?
...What amp you got?

Depending on this I'd go for the Schecter, as I feel they generaly are nicer than Ibanez or Epi, but you'd have an extra $50-100 for a pedal or some other upgrade.
Quote by Vermintide
...What amp you got?

Depending on this I'd go for the Schecter, as I feel they generaly are nicer than Ibanez or Epi, but you'd have an extra $50-100 for a pedal or some other upgrade.

and plus I LOVE the finish on the schecter, the black cherry one.

My amp is a 212 Spider II combo, not the best, but I got it at a good price and it was all I could afford.
Aye. The Spiders are good for gain if anything, so you don't need an OD or anything. The Schecter would be a good choice, just be sure you play it plenty before you buy, and push to get a good deal on it. Should be good though.

Then put the spare moolah towards getting a better amp, like A Marshall DSL or Laney LC. If you sell the Spider at good price, you could probably get something nice and tubey like that to go with your new Shecter
Do you think $250 + shipping is a fair price for it?
Im going to go play my buddys C1+ first.

Btw, Im still not dead-set on the schecter
Yeah, seems a good deal to me. $250 is pretty cheap, considering it's half as much as £250, and Schecters are about double that over here Yeah, pretty good deal.

If you like it, get it. I think the most important thing in guitars of this range is their feel. You aren't gonna get studio sound from a $600 setup, so get the guitar that makes you want to play it the most; nicest neck, best action, smoothest fretboard etc.