i recently bought a microphone for my computer so i can talk to friends and stuff over teh internets and it seems to work fine but the volume on it is rly low i have to like almost put it in my mouth for it to pick anything up, is thier anything i can do to like adjust the sensitivity of the mic or something?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Check your line input on your computer.

You won't want it being able to pick up everything though, you'll just get a shit load of feedback if you're talking with people.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
what do u mean by line input? it should be plugged into the jack with the pic of the mic next to it right?
Yeah, I plug my mic into my buds comp and it does the same, but i t works fine on my comp and his laptop. I dunno why, the mic on his screen does the same too. Eh, no clue.
sometimes i also record some guitar stuff and mic my amp (i know its crap quality but its all i got) and when i do it i have to crank the amp almost half way up for the mic to pick it up even when its right in front of it... kinda odd. my friend mics his amp the same way i do and he gets great sound
same thing happened with me, worked on my pc not on theirs? all i can say is check ykur volume controls and make sure the mic volumes up
=(