Page 1 of 2
Yes I know its bad, my grandfather got cancer from it. But it seems every day Im more attracted to the idea of smoking. I have always been like this. In 7th grade we watched anit smoking vids and all they did was make me want to smoke more. And now I have friends who smoke and its more accessible. I really want to do it, but then again I dont. Ive rarely ever had addictions to anything, I know when I dont need something I want, and if I did it was easy to get over. So the question is, would it be alright to smoke just a little, or should try as much as possible to avoid it?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Smoking corporate produced factory made cigarettes is a stupid idea, because you don't want to have to rely on money grabbing industries to feel good.

My suggestion: smoke natural marijuana. Its much better tasting, it has better effects, and it doesn't destroy your lungs (cause theres no tar in it).
Quote by asilaydying992
dude..just smoke

it really doesnt do anything

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you're gonna smoke, smoke weed.
smoking gives you AIDs and you die
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
smoking tobacco is a complete waste of time, it is very overated but if you wanna smoke so much I'm sure 1 sometimes isn't TOO bad just as long as it doesn't become a habbit.
Quote by MiScHiEf BrEw
Smoking corporate produced factory made cigarettes is a stupid idea, because you don't want to have to rely on money grabbing industries to feel good.

My suggestion: smoke natural marijuana. Its much better tasting, it has better effects, and it doesn't destroy your lungs (cause theres no tar in it).

actually, yes, weed is healthier for you, but not for your lungs. 1 joint = 5 cigs on your lungs (but i'd rather smoke weed too personally!)
Quote by MiScHiEf BrEw

Of course it hurts your lungs, burnt hydrocarbons are never good for you..

That said, who the hell cares, just go running for a half hour a few times a week if you worry about that. But, obviously you don't as you are considering smoking cigarettes (Don't by the way, they smell like shit, they're addicting, and I bet girls don't find it very attractive).
Quote by myself101
smoking gives you AIDs and you die

I think you've got smoking confused with anal sex.
<Han> I love Hitler
I personally think they're disgusting.
But they're your lungs, screw them up if you want.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by Metal claw
Why are you attracted to the idea of smoking?

I haven't seen you in... ever!
Quote by Metal claw
Why are you attracted to the idea of smoking?

I dont know, Ive just always been that way.

And I know its completely bad for you and there is nothing good to come out of it, but I just really want to. And Im taking about ciggarettes and cigars. It might sound weird but I also kind of like the smell of ciggarette smoke.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by HaKattack
I think you've got smoking confused with anal sex.

check out my sig
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
YO man, i have the same craving too. Cuase lately i've been feeling rlly lonely moving to a new city, having no friends. Now i have some guys that I say wassup to once in a while but thas all. And they smoke sometimes i can see him smoking. other times i see him high. Maybe if i do that i'll be less tense you think?
Smoke Pot...

Cigs don't do anything except give you cancer... Pot is a key to the world
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
I agree with "Zuka" . . . don't smoke dude.

Your not going to gain anything but a harsh "hoarse" cough that hurts your chest. Plus you'll end up being winded very easily by just walking up your front steps or walking in general.

Besides that . . . have you actually looked at a person who has been smoking for years. By smoking it actually makes you look older and kills your facial features. Do you really want to have wrinkles at the age of like 25-30 . . . seriously ?

The point I am getting across is . . . I know damn well I wouldn't do it. I don't knock anyone who does but, It's just not worth taking 10 or more years off your life for. ~ zeptallica06
Quote by Metal claw
I'm surprised someone noticed.

But I was banned for spamming, that's why.

<_<

>_>

Hope you learned your lesson.
oh yeah, smoking makes you look really ugly with heaps of wrinkles and horrible skin

im being seriousy this time
<//////>~
Yes, as said before I know its bad. Also I wanted to ask anyone who smokes, if you get addicted is it more of a mental addiction? And is it just a hard habbit to stop or is it soul-consuming-grab-you-by-the-throat addicting?

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
ive smoked a few times before, and ive gotta say its basically a waste of time and money. it doesnt do anything, if your gonna smoke something smoke weed, at least that makes you feel good
Seriously . . . if this is a minor who posted this thread why would anybody be saying that weed is "alright" or weed is "better" than cigarettes. I just don't get why people would want to say something like that it's negative . . .
Quote by Metal claw
I'm inclined to suggest that you try it, because it's your life afterall. But the main concern is if you get addicted to it and it. That's a bad thing.

EDIT:

I have never smoked before. But I have a friend who is a heavy smoker and he says that it's similar to the sensation of getting thirsty or hungry; you have to smoke to satisfy it.

At least, that's how he explained it to me.

Well if Im really hungry or thirsty I can easily ignore it or put it off, but I dont think smoking would be that easy because so many people are addicted, but thats why I wanted to know if it was mainly psycological or physical.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
With the last post that this kid just posted it sounds like he's going to try smoking regardless. Our opinions on this matter is useless.

I don't know why he posted this thread if he's just gonna smoke anyways . . .

I'm just wondering . . . I thought this was "Ultimate Guitar" . . . what does this thread have to do with "Guitar" or music ??
^ Who said I was smoking? I am leaning alot more towards trying it, but I havent completely made up my mind

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
arg
dont listen to these people, just do some research and do what you want.
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
if your gonna smoke take the tea leaves out of a tea bag, roll it into rolling papers twist the ends and light it up at least its good for your brain lol
your stupid if you start!
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)
Quote by clincher09
So the question is, would it be alright to smoke just a little, or should try as much as possible to avoid it?

Answer to that is, to avoid it, cause you smoke a little, and then you start smoking more and more and more and more, then your smoking a little turns into a lot.

I know from experience, but thank god I quit, over 2 years ago.
Quote by clincher09
I dont know, Ive just always been that way.

And I know its completely bad for you and there is nothing good to come out of it, but I just really want to. And Im taking about ciggarettes and cigars. It might sound weird but I also kind of like the smell of ciggarette smoke.

Do your parents smoke?

I as the same way after I moved out of my dad's place, and I have a theory that years of secondhand smoke got me hooked on smoking without my being aware of it. Seriously, I somehow liked the smell too, and I just found the idea strangely attractive. After less than a month of having moved out, I was buying my own smokes.
It's up to you whether you pick it up, but I can tell you right now if you're anything like me once you pick it up it's going to become an addiction fast. And that does suck later down the road when health issues come into play.

Even right now, I haven't got cancer or anything, but I've had mono for the last week and have had maybe 4 smokes in all that time because my throat hurts and it SUCKS!
Quote by clincher09
Well if Im really hungry or thirsty I can easily ignore it or put it off, but I dont think smoking would be that easy because so many people are addicted, but thats why I wanted to know if it was mainly psycological or physical.

For me its both.
In a sense there is the physical urge, the craving that you get for a smoke when you've gone a while without having one.
But I find the psychological aspect so much harder to cope with, because it's almost like it's entertwined ith the physical: you see somebody light up a smoke, you think of smoking, and sudddenly the craving's there. For me there's a lot of triggers like that though: going to the bar, drinking a beer, coffee, waiting at a bus stop, going for a walk....all of those are triggers for me, psycologically.
Don't smoke you'll regret it, and because you asked, it is physically addictive.
Quote by zeptallica06
With the last post that this kid just posted it sounds like he's going to try smoking regardless. Our opinions on this matter is useless.

I don't know why he posted this thread if he's just gonna smoke anyways . . .

I'm just wondering . . . I thought this was "Ultimate Guitar" . . . what does this thread have to do with "Guitar" or music ??

You are seriously stupid.
i tried smoking for the first time last night... i was quite drunk and my friend had a cig. i have asthma so i normally wouldnt try it at all.. but i was drunk so i tried it, coughed my lungs up, realized it was horrible, and tried it again to see if it was gonna be just as bad.. it was.

so dont do it, it sucked, i felt like i was being choked, and it does nothing for you
The first couple times you smoke, you just get really lightheaded (at least thats what happened to me). you start of with like doing it occasionally and then you do it more and more until you're at like a pack a day.

Try it though if you want to and then if you like it do it again and if you don't then stop, you probably wont get addicted after one smoke
"There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry."
-Mark Twain

If you want to smoke, then smoke. Just know your limits and keep yourself from being addicted. Besides, if you get cancer from smoking some 60 years from now and there isn't a cure for cancer yet...well you've lived too long, and cancer probably isn't your biggest concern anyways.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
^That's awesome. Anyway, I wouldn't consider myself a "smoker". Every now and then I bum one or two from a friend, but I'm too cheap to make smoking a habit. My advice would be not to do it with any sort of frequency or regularity.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I think you should talk to your grandpa and see what he has to say, he does have cancer and experience

and, sorry to be harsh, if he died from that cancer, why would you even consider smoking?
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
Page 1 of 2