Page 1 of 2
Nothing that article said justified Rap's decline. Rap has been criticized for its negative effects on society since it was first made popular and has long been linked to crime. The truth is that the genre has simply become stale due in part to the cookie-cutter effect and lack of creativity.

I've said it before. Rap will evolve into something else just like Blues and Jazz and I'm sure that genre will give more narrow-minded fools something to bitch about.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Mar 2, 2007,
after reading that i am pleased. but i need to view a bigger effect from the children at school, and the airwaves. its good after 30 yers, that junk has taken a rest, with the exception for a few rappers who kick ass.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
thank the lord

EDIT-Actually i must change my view here. The rappers of the 90s were incredibly talented. very well written. today its about banging hoes and pimping bitches and shit like that. if i were to wish one thing for rap, i wish it would have stayed in the 90s.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Last edited by HyperBoy2519 at Mar 2, 2007,
I'm a fan of rap and I'm glad to hear that. After dominating the charts for, what, a decade now? pop-rap, crunk, cookie-cutter RnB seriously need to go die. I'm hoping this will breathe some new life into the genre, more talent, more thought, more innovation.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
hard! rock! hallelujah!

the only rap i've listened to that i like is run dmc, fun stuff

this new stuff is all about being "cool" and i guess i'm just not cool enough to roll with the gangstas
Quote by Arthur Curry
Nothing that article said justified Rap's decline. Rap has been criticized for its negative effects on society since it was first made popular and has long been linked to crime. The truth is that the genre has simply become stale due in part to the cookie-cutter effect and lack of creativity.

I've said it before. Rap will evolve into something else just like Blues and Jazz and I'm sure that genre will give more narrow-minded fools something to bitch about.

couldn't have said it better myself
Hi, Im Chris

"I'm glad my band has low standards that way we can't underachieve" - Joe Strummer
Quote by HyperBoy2519
thank the lord

EDIT-Actually i must change my view here. The rappers of the 90s were incredibly talented. very well written. today its about banging hoes and pimping bitches and shit like that. if i were to wish one thing for rap, i wish it would have stayed in the 90s.

+1
The current state of rap is much like hard rock and metals in the late 80's. Rap just needs a Kurt Cobain.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by Arthur Curry

hey any one else notice emo is kind of dying too??
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
whoever that black dude was in the pic, he was the ugliest sonbitch i've ever seen. and dude, i'm so glad rap is takin a chill pill. i'm sick of hearin that stuff EVERYWHERE. people can like what they like, but that stuff just shows up all over the place.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Cheers
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
@raise the dead. You make a valid point or two. But I'd have to say I like Crunk. It's a type of Rap that makes you Move. I don't know how else to describe it. It has like an angry beat to it. I don't know. It's just appealing to me.

But as for the rap decline...pshhh. whether you people love it or hate it. Rap is going to be around for a very long time. Just like some shitty bands(ex. Greenday, My Chemical Romance, Fall out boy, Panic at the Disco, etc...)
Rap as a genre is far from dead. Apparently people have just finally realised how shitty mainstream rap is, that's all.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by metalhead_99801
whoever that black dude was in the pic, he was the ugliest sonbitch i've ever seen. and dude, i'm so glad rap is takin a chill pill. i'm sick of hearin that stuff EVERYWHERE. people can like what they like, but that stuff just shows up all over the place.

his names lil wayne . and yes, he is hideous.
I guess this is the hair metal effect.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by raise_the_dead
I'm a fan of rap and I'm glad to hear that. After dominating the charts for, what, a decade now? pop-rap, crunk, cookie-cutter RnB seriously need to go die. I'm hoping this will breathe some new life into the genre, more talent, more thought, more innovation.

Yup.

I seriously saw this comming. Commercial shit has been taking over the airwaves. Sooner or later people would get tired of these mindnumbing lyricists.

Rap needs a cleansing and hopefully it's about to happen.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No one can deny that The Fugees rule(d).
Tiger style.
Last edited by kevinm4435 at Mar 2, 2007,
Quote by garfunkleskater
@raise the dead. You make a valid point or two. But I'd have to say I like Crunk. It's a type of Rap that makes you Move. I don't know how else to describe it. It has like an angry beat to it. I don't know. It's just appealing to me.

But as for the rap decline...pshhh. whether you people love it or hate it. Rap is going to be around for a very long time. Just like some shitty bands(ex. Greenday, My Chemical Romance, Fall out boy, Panic at the Disco, etc...)

And Korn

All rap makes you move. Even the old stuff which wouldn't get played in clubs anymore, A Tribe Called Quest and so on, makes me wanna get up and do move. Crunk just more so, because it's all big dumb beats and crowd chants. That being said, some bands can do the 'big dumb beats and crowd chants' thing and still be a million times better than crunk. KMFDM, The Prodigy, anyone?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
After you say "I don't listen to rap," the rest of your argument is void.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Mar 2, 2007,
This will probably cause a resurrection of the popularity of great rappers/ rap groups like Run DMC and Public enemy, and a real marked decline in the purchase of modern rap. Then Revival rappers will pop up that sound like the old guys, sound familiar Silvertide fans?

As a Silvertide and Public Enemy fan I have no problem with that statement.
Quote by HyperBoy2519

Actually i must change my view here. The rappers of the 90s were incredibly talented. very well written. today its about banging hoes and pimping bitches and shit like that. if i were to wish one thing for rap, i wish it would have stayed in the 90s.

Amen to that...i dont listen to it ever but when say one of my buddies put it on like the old stuff i enjoy it a little
Being a big rap fan, it really hurts me to always hear rappers releasing crap. I was listening to the radio and they were advertising the new fabolous. So I thought, "It's been a while since I heard him, I wonder what the new song is called". The title of the song, and I kid you not, was
"Diamonds on my Damn Chain".
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I think there should be a ban on rap threads. Or just have one "official" rap thread because this is getting annoying
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
That article made my day! -- But besides the crime and drugs, rap and hip hop are boring. Most of it sounds the same and the stuff that is different isnt very interesting, or uses some theme from an old rock song.
+Dont die its bad for you+
Last edited by bubbyw at Mar 3, 2007,
^You suck.

Quote by raise_the_dead

Excellent, more innovation is always a good thing. Most of the rap in the charts is godawful shit. And it all sounds the same. Some guy speaking in a low voice with no rhythm, no interesting lyrics.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
^You suck.

Excellent, more innovation is always a good thing. Most of the rap in the charts is godawful shit. And it all sounds the same. Some guy speaking in a low voice with no rhythm, no interesting lyrics.

couldn't have said it better myself

Quote by HyperBoy2519
thank the lord

I agree i think rap is tagged to the whole gangster lifestyle now.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

I totally heard this exact same story on my local radio station 93rock, and the link was to a florida site! Coincidence? I think not!
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
i'm a fairly big rap fan. i'm not really sad about the news though (if the writer's opinion even warrants the title 'news'). it's not like it'll disappear altogether.

you guys realize that whatevers takes its place in popular music, whether it be rock or metal .. you'll hate it too. guaranteed.
#DTWD
Actually I've seen less and less people at my school listening to it.
Get off my lawn.
I'm glad. I love good rap, but if it takes a rest and comes back in a few years, it'll probably be like the old shit.
Dickless.
Rap/R&B declined around 01/02 or so but made a comeback and is now declining again.

I'm a fan of both rock and rap. Dr.Dre's 2001 Chronic is probably one of the best albums ever produced. I like the early 90's rap as well as the newer stuff like The game and Diddy (tell me feat. christina +1)
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Last edited by PGT at Mar 3, 2007,
The core of hip hop and its culture is stiill doing fine, and most certainly always will. Its just these greedy MTV bitches that are tarnishing the reputation of the genre.
I don't really care about this news. I don't care about any 'music business' news, in fact. It doesn't affect me what's mainstream because I simply do not pay any attention. Nearly all of the music I listen to is not mainstream, especially the rap that I listen to. For this there's no reason for me too watch MTV or listen to the radio.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 2