i prefer neck pickups for everything, even palm muting and heavy metal rhthym playing... bridge position never sounds right to me... its always too muddy for my tastes. what about yall?
Neck pickup is great for cleans and mellow-sounding solos, but for palm muting? I dunno it doesn't have enough balls to it in my opinion to play much metal rhythm, unless you put a high output pickup in your neck position.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
neck unless im playing something extra funky or hard rock or metal.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Quote by Mike1109
Neck pickup is great for cleans and mellow-sounding solos, but for palm muting? I dunno it doesn't have enough balls to it in my opinion to play much metal rhythm, unless you put a high output pickup in your neck position.

it sounded pretty dang good with my stock epiphone pickups. stock bridge and my newly installed dimarzio super distortion still dont do it for me. im probably going to put stock pickups back into my guitar.
Bridge for rhythms and soloing 0-12 frets. Neck for cleans and soloing 12-22.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
maybe its my amp or its my crappy bridge pickups but it sounds WAAAAAAY too muddy. any ideas for good bridge pickup that sounds heavy and good clarity like in neck position?
Neck for cleans and mellow solos.

Bridge for a more thick crunch.

I can't live without either of them.... *disses alex laiho*.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Bridge for distorted rhythm (especially palm muted riffs) and high gain solo with a lot of pinch harmonics.
Neck (guessing is a humbucker) for clean and mellows solo.

The neck pickup for me is too bassy to play rhythm.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
If you have too much distortion in your bridge pickup, try lowering it. The closer a pickup is to your pickups the more ouput, the farther, less output. Have the neck pickup farther away than the bridge pickup, obviously. The neck pickup is nice for sweeping and soloing in general, and great for clean sounds. The bridge pickup works best for rhythm in my opinion.
Depends on the music.

Clean, I usually use neck or both
Distorted, I use bridge
Soloing, I use neck
sometimes I use the neck with distortion for blues and stuff
i dunno... i just know that on my stock neck pickup, when i palm muted, i could FEEL it, but with the dimarzio super distortion in bridge, with the same settings on the amp (i tried other settings too), i could barely feel anything.
Bridge...Neck for solos
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Since I mainly play classic rock, I use different pickups for each band I play. I use the bridge for stuff like Brit Pop (early Beatles, Kinks), and the neck pup for more modern groups or American groups that have more bass to their tone, like CCR for example.
Ben
I'm ALWAYS at the bridge. I really haven't experienced with that yet.