Page 1 of 4
I've finally decided I'm getting out. The town I'm living in has nothing left to offer me and I'm going to leave town within the next week via hitchhiking. I plan on making stops in NYC and Chicago, as well as Seattle before heading to San Francisco, where I plan to finally get my music career off the ground. It's going to be hard to get myself established with very little money and I'll probably have to live on the streets for at least a few weeks but I'm ready and willing for any adventure life throws at me. I will take $80, an acoustic guitar, clothes, water, some peanut butter and bread, a necklace I can pawn for about $500 if need be and a hitchhiking sign with NW on it. Wish me luck, and anyone with experience or tips, I'd like to hear from you. Oh and I'm 18.

EDIT:There has been a major change of plans. I have reconciled with those around me somewhat and I plan on waiting till summer so I can pay off my car and be a little better prepared. I will lose out on some of the adventure of hitchhiking but it will be a bit safer and, if I do wind up homeless for a period of time, atleast I could sleep in my car.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Last edited by beastiebeatles at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by HorridxHopes
Why's everyone on UG going on these fucking spiritual journeys?

Thats what you do when you've got nowhere else to go.

Washington Redskins
Sounds like fun. Any band name we should look for in head lines?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Very best of luck man. We'll miss you
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by E Daws

Possibly "The Fusion". That will all be worked out in the next few weeks.

Washington Redskins
Quote by E Daws

or a full name for the obituary section?

hitch hiking is dangerious shit man, be ****ing careful...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x

It's really not, thats just an image created by the media over a few isolated incidents. My cousin has hitched over 700 rides in the US over the last 10 years.

Washington Redskins
Quote by x_thurston_x

hes right there was this guy like 20 years ago that would pick up hitch hikers and hed like torture them and stick needles and shit in there eyes and sometimes kill them not joking either he was like in the wisconsin illinois area (hes probaly dead by now or in jail cuz it was a while ago) but still theres some sick ass mofos out there
Well, if you're going to be homeless you might want to check this out. You know you can use anal lube as shaving cream? Cool stuff.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Hitchhiking at 18? I think you're best to save up buy a car and drive there yourself.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by beastiebeatles
It's really not, thats just an image created by the media over a few isolated incidents. My cousin has hitched over 700 rides in the US over the last 10 years.

people are desperate man, just be careful... and no i really dont belive that, but i'll let you have your opinion, its okay, i'll survive
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by AC/DC ROCKS!!!
hes right there was this guy like 20 years ago that would pick up hitch hikers and hed like torture them and stick needles and shit in there eyes and sometimes kill them not joking either he was like in the wisconsin illinois area (hes probaly dead by now or in jail cuz it was a while ago) but still theres some sick ass mofos out there

Yeah, and "AC/DC ROCKS!!!" be careful when you leave your house. There are like 10 cases where people died from getting hit on the head with a coconut!!!!!! Be carefull!
drive yourself man, save up some dough. do you even have a job?
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
This story belongs in a Cinderella Storyesque movie.

You're going to end up on the streets. Life is not some Disney Channel Original Movie, and your dreams aren't going to magically come true.

Good luck though. I hope you make it, but to be honest, you won't.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
be careful, good luck, have fun !

Keep in contact when you can !
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by plus182
drive yourself man, save up some dough. do you even have a job?

No, I lost my job a few weeks ago, and I can't save because
1. I need to get out NOW
2. I think this can be a great experience for me.

Washington Redskins
i always imagine you looking like the guy who is he weird al?

i'll see you at the music awards (bet i'll beat you there)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

ha good luck. and yay for san fran & the bay area! thats where i live!!!! funny tho, cause i wanna leave the bay area and you wanna go there.
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)
Quote by Sloopy
Hitchhiking at 18? I think you're best to save up buy a car and drive there yourself.

Yeah but what would be the fun in that? He's looking for an adventure and to explore what he wants in life while he's still young.

I think you should take a little more than $80, Take a a few bottles of water too. Refill them at gas stations and stuff. I think it's really cool what you're doing.
Quote by Leonheart
Yeah, and "AC/DC ROCKS!!!" be careful when you leave your house. There are like 10 cases where people died from getting hit on the head with a coconut!!!!!! Be carefull!

yeah man i heard about that too thats effin crazy.....thats how my mom died....its messed up

lmao
If you need a place to stay while passing through Ga. my fellow UGer, I will be glad to help you.
Member #23 of the Opeth Fan Club

God is dead.
I may just be a dumb traditionalist type person, but I think that's a pretty idiotic idea. Any reason why you're not going to college instead?
Quote by Infatuation
are your parents supporting you?

No.

Washington Redskins
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I may just be a dumb traditionalist type person, but I think that's a pretty idiotic idea. Any reason why you're not going to college instead?

I guess I'm just a free spirit. I may go to college eventually but I just don't feel it's the best thing to do right now, I need to live life.

Washington Redskins
Quote by soadlp02
If you need a place to stay while passing through Ga. my fellow UGer, I will be glad to help you.

That would be awesome, I sent you a PM.

Washington Redskins
That sounds really cool. My friends and I plan on going on an odyssey next summer before college.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Bubban
Well, if you're going to be homeless you might want to check this out. You know you can use anal lube as shaving cream? Cool stuff.

BUT I CAN TELL YOU FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Shaving cream DOES NOT make good lube

ouch....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by beastiebeatles
I guess I'm just a free spirit. I may go to college eventually but I just don't feel it's the best thing to do right now, I need to live life.

Ok, understandable, "living life" is great, but you're basically screwing yourself over.

You can live life just as easily when you're a college student.
Quote by spazzymagee417
why do you need to get out right now?

and may the force be with you.

I need to get out of this awful town and actually live a full and eventful life.

Washington Redskins
Quote by beastiebeatles
I need to get out of this awful town and actually live a full and eventful life.

you seem pretty depressed. good luck. and if you can sing play on the streets for money. i would take you in for a night or two but i'm 13 and my mother wouldn't allow it.
sorry for the double post.
Whoa,you serious?I thought these stuff only happens in Enid Blyton's story books. And you're not bringing your electric guitar?Good luck man,I'd die if I have to live with my acoustic guitar.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Page 1 of 4