ive recently bought a new fender strat, and now after a few months is starting to rust.. the screws that hold the scratch place are rusting, the screws on the bridge etc...

can someone help me please?

thanks!
Quote by Live_Undead
get a hammer, tap it a couple times, and put butter on it.
Quote by white_strat_dlx
ive recently bought a new fender strat, and now after a few months is starting to rust.. the screws that hold the scratch place are rusting, the screws on the bridge etc...

can someone help me please?

thanks!

Hmm, that seems kinda weird. It must be the area where you live in, or something like that. Things just don't rust like that. Unless you've been exposing it to the outside too much or something like that. I dunno man...
well i keep the guitar in the case ./. so it isnt that bad..
Quote by Live_Undead
do you use water to clean your guitar? Like to clean the bridge or smehting. I know some people who do this. water ill get trapped and sit there and will eventually rust...
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Yes cases are very bad, keep it on a hanger or a stand
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
no , i use a guitar cleaning kit spray though..
Quote by Live_Undead
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Yes cases are very bad, keep it on a hanger or a stand

are u sure they are bad, coz i heard they are good coz they have a special pack thing in there...
Quote by Live_Undead
Quote by white_strat_dlx
are u sure they are bad, coz i heard they are good coz they have a special pack thing in there...

Pretty sure, moisture gets trapped in there. It's like keeping a shotgun in a case. Over time, the barrel will rust due to the humidity and heat inside the case.
Why risk it, just hang it
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Lol, I left my old First Act in its case for a week or two and the strings rusted so bad my fingers turned orange. So it's not laying in my closet... and yes, it is rusting. Not cause of the case thing... Its just crap. It's usually not in a case and rusted anyways.
Pics? I heard using Coca cola or something works.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by RPGoof
Lol, I left my old First Act in its case for a week or two and the strings rusted so bad my fingers turned orange. So it's not laying in my closet... and yes, it is rusting. Not cause of the case thing... Its just crap. It's usually not in a case and rusted anyways.

Did..did...did somebody say ORANGE!?

Anyway, I think I need to get a humidifier for my guitar also...but your gutiar is rusting? Seriously, wth!?

The only problems I have had is when the neck is a bit sticky.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R