So I got dsl today and they told me that my download rate wouldn't be so hot. So I've downloaded 10-30MB files and it runs at like, 100+kb/s so I didn't mind that. But my upload rate is at like 2Kb per second. Possibly due to the weather? it's not too nice outside. On my modem it shows the download rate with a light that's stable, the upload and connection single are flashing all over the place. DSL noob, anyone know what may be the problem?

Thanks!
Quote by alexi_laiho
i really want to make a pedal-powered wheelchair...
I dunno, it could be your connection. Call customer service, I had this problem a lot. I usually had to reset my modem and run a little batch file I made. Also, your DSL sucks, my download rate is 360kb/s and upload is 60kb/s.
Quote by Mein Kampf
I dunno, it could be your connection. Call customer service, I had this problem a lot. I usually had to reset my modem and run a little batch file I made. Also, your DSL sucks, my download rate is 360kb/s and upload is 60kb/s.

Alrighty, thanks. Is it possible it could be the weather, too? I've heard rumours of weather affecting upload rates.
Quote by alexi_laiho
I don't know about the weather, it never seemed to affect my DSL.

I made a batch file that worked for my Yahoo DSL but I've never had to use it with my Verizon line. You can try it to see if it does anything for you.

Type this into a notepad file:

@echo off
echo ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /flushdns
echo ipconfig /release
ipconfig /release
echo ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /renew
exit

and then save it. Change the extention to .bat and run it.
If you JUST got it, you gotta wait for the connection to maximize i beileive.
Quote by dudey5691
^i'm pretty sure if you have Windows XP, you can do exactly that by 'repairing' the connection.

Yeah? Well, you have a boyfriend.
When I had DSL, my download was about 180k, upload was about 10k.
DSL sucks...whos your provider? And what do they say you should be getting?
Also...go here and test:
http://www.broadbandreports.com
Look for the "tools" section.
Quote by CodeMonk
When I had DSL, my download was about 180k, upload was about 10k.
DSL sucks...whos your provider? And what do they say you should be getting?
Also...go here and test:
http://www.broadbandreports.com
Look for the "tools" section.

Thanks! My provider is a horrid company, but the only one available around here. And I should be getting up to 400kb.
Quote by alexi_laiho
Solution: Get cable.

Only real downtime i can think of is if something goes terribly wrong from the provider (happened once in my years of customership), or if you accidentally unplug it.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
^ cable's not available here, or else I'd have it. So I just ran a test and I'm getting 966 kb/s and 195kb/s download/upload, I think that the upload one is most definetly bullshit.
Quote by alexi_laiho