Page 1 of 3
Yes, amazingly, Korn will be featured tonight. But that's not the point, so no "omg korn suckss"

The point i'm getting at is, I don't remember the last time a MTV Unplugged sement was premiered on MTV, and not MTV2 or MTV Hits, it had really dissapointed me, but i'm incredibly excited that there bringing it back, I can only pray for good ratings, because maybe, just maybe, MTV will get the ****ing hint, and maybe, MTV will keep this series going.

Your thoughts?
F.U.B.A.R.
I saw Ricky Martin unplugged on the spanish channel this morning. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
brnh.bandcamp.com
Something in the force tells me that alot of bands like fall out boy and all that other stuff are gonna be like the main attractions for this MTV unplugged....stuff lol.....

There is a disturbance in the force?!?
Quote by timi_hendrix
You're a teenager aswell, toots. Not all males are complete primates who think with their wang. If someone said that about girls you'd get all mad and go "OMG SEXIST PIG *Slap*"

Grow up.
Well, its about time they actually aired music. I raly couln't care less though. MTV sucks.
Quote by Gutch220
Mtv died a long time ago. The M should be removed from their name

damn flippin straight it did

ill tune it if it isnt over yet, but look wat clapton got for his unplugged session. but the only other band i can think of its godsmack cause they already do acoustic stuff
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

i dont like korn but i saw a preview of it and it sounds pretty cool, mostly because of the double basses and cellos and stuff. also, that rabbit mask looks pretty cool.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
korn? unplugged?

wtf...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Meh, there was actual GOOD popular artists to choose from for the early Unplugged.

I mean, CLAPTON started it, and what an amazing show that was. "Layla (Unplugged)"= Orgasm.

Nirvana did okay for acoustic, Alice in Chains, etc.

Todays artists in Unplugged? Fall Out Boy, MCR, *insert emo, mainstream, or other band that is insanely popular*.

The only one I would be at least interested in seeing is RHCP, because we all know it's going to happen sometime.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
for all the naysayers of Korn.

yes it would be horrible, except.

they have dozens of extra musicians:
orchestra
saws
glass harmonicas
extra guitarists.
percussion(most notably, a japanese taiko drum section in "throw me away")
Featuring, Robert Smith and Amy Lee.(boo for amy)
and ALOT more.

it sounds pretty amazing.
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by fallenangel20
Meh, there was actual GOOD popular artists to choose from for the early Unplugged.

I mean, CLAPTON started it, and what an amazing show that was. "Layla (Unplugged)"= Orgasm.

Nirvana did okay for acoustic, Alice in Chains, etc.

Todays artists in Unplugged? Fall Out Boy, MCR, *insert emo, mainstream, or other band that is insanely popular*.

The only one I would be at least interested in seeing is RHCP, because we all know it's going to happen sometime.

i dont think MCR would be bad unplugged and i think it would be interesting to see fall out boy unplugged

so sshh
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
i dont think MCR would be bad unplugged and i think it would be interesting to see fall out boy unplugged

so sshh

+1. Maybe even Megadeth or Gun's N' Roses. Muse or Jimmy Eat World...those would be amazing.
Celtic FootballClub1888
Quote by myself101

so sshh

Kinda random, but on SNL last year MCR was on and they a soft, unplugged type song, and the lead guy took the bass from the bassist, rhythm played rhythm, and stuck the bass player with a temberine (sp?).

haha

He got so owned by his own band. "You're not good enough for this song, n00b. Take the ****ing tamberine.".

I don't know, all of their music's a little on the faster side, and faster songs sound kinda weird on guitar unless you do it right.

Saxo-Walrus

Am I the only one who doesn't like unplugged shows?

I can't stand them, especially when good songs are destroyed by an acoustic guitar (Symphony Of Destruction).
the unplugged is going to be broadcasted next wednesday

i've seen a few vids from it, the arrangements on the songs make them not so bad
Quote by MetalHead73

orchestra
saws
glass harmonicas
extra guitarists.
and ALOT more.

No, it doesn't, because Korn are simply not an acoustic band. I've seen clips of it, and it doesn't work. The reason why there's all these extra musicians? Imagine your average Korn riff on an acoustic... it sounds shit. That's because that riff was made solely for electric guitar.

And meh, I don't care for MTV Unplugged. MTV is gonna let crappy bands play, and I didn't care for it to begin with.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
SRV had the best Unplugged session, albiet short
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Quote by myself101

so sshh

They've had an acoustic fall out boy set online, and it was terrible.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by deluxity
the unplugged is going to be broadcasted next wednesday

i've seen a few vids from it, the arrangements on the songs make them not so bad

no, it's tonight.
F.U.B.A.R.
has incubus had an unplugged deal yet? I imagine they would be good

Velvet Revolver? (I dont know about that one)
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
Quote by raise_the_dead
No, it doesn't, because Korn are simply not an acoustic band. I've seen clips of it, and it doesn't work. The reason why there's all these extra musicians? Imagine your average Korn riff on an acoustic... it sounds shit. That's because that riff was made solely for electric guitar.

And meh, I don't care for MTV Unplugged. MTV is gonna let crappy bands play, and I didn't care for it to begin with.

Theres not a single riff that hasn't changed in a certain way. The arrangements are amazing. It makes it sound much better then you could imagine, although not the greatest ever.
F.U.B.A.R.
Incubus would be nice. I've always been a fan, and "Stellar" might sound pretty good on acoustic....hmmm....

Saxo-Walrus

This is going to be intertaining. I'm for sure going to watch it (Amy Lee's in it of course I am) and from what I've seen it looks pretty good. I'll just watch Bam until it comes on.
Quote by HaKattack
They've had an acoustic fall out boy set online, and it was terrible.

i didn't say it would be good

interesting, not good
<//////>~
Quote by MetalHead73
Theres not a single riff that hasn't changed in a certain way. The arrangements are amazing. It makes it sound much better then you could imagine, although not the greatest ever.

I've heard bits and bobs, mate. It really doesn't sound that great.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I've heard bits and bobs, mate. It really doesn't sound that great.

Well then, thats your opinion.
F.U.B.A.R.
im guessing it starts at 12 30 eastern canada time?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by MetalHead73

orchestra
saws
glass harmonicas
extra guitarists.
and ALOT more.

My music history teacher saw at least part of it last night on some late show. He said the people(or person) who played the saw was amazing. Also, the taiko drummers were hidden in the dark till their part of the song.
Alice in Chains was my absolute favorite Unplugged performance. I don't think anyone would ever top them, in my eyes.

If KoRn releases this on CD, I'll most likely buy it. I love many nu metal bands, and I'm not ashamed.
Quote by MetalHead73
Well then, thats your opinion.

Yeah, I guess. I was just pointing out, that I had actually heard some of the stuff and it really wasn't that great, that's all. I wasn't judging simply on prior experiences with Korn.
I'd be interested to see Sweet Child O Mine in classical.CLASSICAL.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by whenshoesattack
My music history teacher saw at least part of it last night on some late show. He said the people(or person) who played the saw was amazing. Also, the taiko drummers were hidden in the dark till their part of the song.

yes they performed on Leno last night.

and The Taiko people weren't hidden. It's Leno, the stage isn't THAT big.

And Clint Lowery and Terry Bozzio, made there first appearance with Korn.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Alice in Chains was my absolute favorite Unplugged performance. I don't think anyone would ever top them, in my eyes.

If KoRn releases this on CD, I'll most likely buy it. I love many nu metal bands, and I'm not ashamed.

CD drops March 6th.
F.U.B.A.R.
Page 1 of 3