i was at this guitar shop earlier tonight (the name of it is, in fact, the guitar shop.) and i saw a pretty nice looking strat copy. when i looked at the head stock and the price tag, it said epiphone. when was it made? and, if anyone does have it, is it worth spending 300 bucks on? it's in great condition, at least when i played it unplugged. i'll try it out on one of the amps the day i get enough cash to buy it, that is. so yeah..any information would help me kill my curiousity
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
My teacher had one as his first guitar; and he's in his late 30's; early 40's. It could be 25-30 years old. Nice find.
They aren't that rare. Fender and Gibson share rights, but Gibson does Les Pauls better, and Fender do Strats better, so they keep it like that. But sometimes they like to experiment, and since theyre (epiphone) doin something they arent pro at (strats), it won't be a good guitar imo.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
They aren't that rare. Fender and Gibson share rights, but Gibson does Les Pauls better, and Fender do Strats better, so they keep it like that. But sometimes they like to experiment, and since theyre (epiphone) doin something they arent pro at (strats), it won't be a good guitar imo.

I don't think that's quite right. I know Fender has bought nearly every smaller guitar company on Earth in the last few years but I believe Gibson is still a seperate entity.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i used to have an epiphone strat copy... my parents got it for me for my bday when i was in 6th grade. it was actually a POS, it came in those value packs that also includes an amp, cables, picks, etc. it was good for a first guitar but thinking back, its like WOW, ha. by the way, that was about 11 years ago.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I don't think that's quite right. I know Fender has bought nearly every smaller guitar company on Earth in the last few years but I believe Gibson is still a seperate entity.

Ya, sorry I kind of worded that wrong.

Gibson and Fender don't actually share rights, but Samick builds epiphone and squire and Samick has the rights to both Gibson and Fender, so they can make a Fender Les Paul if they wanted to. But the do make epiphone strats, and I've seen a couple pop up recently. In conclusion, they're not that rare (a squier LP on the other hand is) and it will most likely not sound as good as a fender strat.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station