ok. so if i decided to embark on a journey to build my own guitar...how much would it cost. both my grandparents are carpenders, my uncle and dad can pretty much build anything, im on my way there, if all i had was a book...does anyone know of any books/online guides that tell you fret distances and all of that stuff? how much would it cost? if i start ill update with pictures...
Quote by bi-ah!
ok. so if i decided to embark on a journey to build my own guitar...how much would it cost. both my grandparents are carpenders, my uncle and dad can pretty much build anything, im on my way there, if all i had was a book...does anyone know of any books/online guides that tell you fret distances and all of that stuff? how much would it cost? if i start ill update with pictures...

Well, by asking about fret distances and such, I would assume you are going to make it from scratch. I dunno though man, you have to be REAL good to make your own. Even if your father and grandfather are carpenters, I think you still might need some experience in the guitar crafting field. The cost depends on what materials you use. I know that some wood can get pretty pricey. As for guides, I have no clue...
Get the book "Make your own electric guitar" by Melvyn Hiscock. Also check out the sites in the "getting started in customizing " sticky in GB&C
Quote by dave293
Get the book "Make your own electric guitar" by Melvyn Hiscock. Also check out the sites in the "getting started in customizing " sticky in GB&C

hey thanks man
Never once have I stopped laughing upon seeing his name..Hiscock.

Try modding guitars before you start building one,at least it'll show you more stuff in a guitar and you'll gain experience
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic