I play rock, but not hard rock. like taking back sunday and brand new. i was goint to get the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack until i read on here that it wasn't that good. what is a better amp to get for this type of music? while in the price range of under $1500. Thanks for any help
If you have the price range of 1500, buy a marshall Jcm Tsl 2000 you will never regret it 3 channel all tube amp, and buy a cab with it that will set you back about 1,400 or buy the jcm dsl 900 dual channel crunch and lead not as great as the 2000 but still kick ass marshall and all tube and that with a 4x12 cab will be like 1,200. if you get used youll save a couple hundred too.
Gear...

Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Marshall amp, crate powerblock, 2 peavy cabs
( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Danelectro echo, R.a.t. Distortion,
Monster cable.
Quote by frontman54

You can get SUUUUUUUUCH a better amp for the price...just my opinion though.

What do you play threadstarter?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Randalls. i like those too. i have never played the one i posted before i had just heard it was good. sorry for misleading you with a bad amp, or bad for price.
i play mostly punk music and emo, fall out boy, taking back sunday, i have an ibanez guitar now but i'm about to get a gison les paul
Wow, you must be loaded!

I say check out orange and marshall jcm's. Alot of modern day bands are starting to use orange, so are indie bands.

Also, fall out boy has used oranee before I think..
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
no im not loaded just no bills...lol,.. what are orange amps i am sorta new, i've only been playing for a year and am getting pretty good and am tired of not having a good amp
who ever said Crate for $1500 get out of the forums now, id look into a DSL that seems to be more voiced for punk and classic stuff, a TSL might be a tad complicated for you, i will say thats the only flaw with that amp is theres a shit ton of switches and the eqs are kinda scattery if youve never looked at one, they sound fantastic, or if you dont mind buying used, a dual channel jcm900 is a supurb choice as well and it will save the pocket book
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
"punk"

define that...if you mean the bands you listed; that's not punk

dont want to be a b*tch but...thought i'd clear that up

anyway...id go with...whatever sounds best to you.
with that budget you can pretty much go to gc and try out every amp they have there for you
just pick the one you like best

i like the idea of a jcm900 though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009