OK, so I was looking at the screw on the (bridge) pickup of my guitar and I noticed it had been completely messed up to where I couldn't even put a screwdriver in and adjust the level of the pickup. I take it to my dad, and he starts unscrewing it, but it won't work. So, as I watch him, he suddenly bashes it. I freaked out and said, "What did you just do?!?!" And sure enough, the screw popped out.

Now I don't mind that he did that, because the screw wouldn't come out any other way. So now I have TWO dismantled guitars that I won't be able to play forever...

F***. :
i dont think you screw them up beyond repair so take it to a tech.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Uh. Yeah, Those are rather easy repairs guy.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
uh yeah. your guitar will not be eternally unplayable lol. new mounting ring for the pickup maybe?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
you probably just stripped the screw or whatever you screw it into from ****ing with it and not being careful when messing with it
Quote by InanezGuitars44
uh yeah. your guitar will not be eternally unplayable lol. new mounting ring for the pickup maybe?

That's not the fix. Guy, Is the baseplate of the pickup stripped out or just the screw that adjusted the hidth?
oh. i think i misunderstood what he was saying. uh...just forget i said anything lol.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's all good, Man. It happens to the best of us.
No, I mean, I didn't have some random person do it, I had my dad do it. He's good at building and taking apart stuff. He fixes my guitar and my friend's guitar. He's got a masters in engineering and electronics or something like that. I dunno, I don't know a lot about college.

But he told me he realized the nut would be impossible to take out, so he just hit it to where the screw holding the bezel was at and broke it. We're just gonna go to Home Depot and buy the new nuts and Guitar Center for the bezels. But not for a while at least...