can some tell me how to do that thing where you hold down the 12th fret and measure the distance between the fretboard and string to check your action? if you could tell me how, or direct me somewhere that could itll be appreciated.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
It's all about feel, Man. The moment you start tinking with the Action you'll need to check your truss, Reset your intonation, Deal with your pickups, And possibly even replace a nut if you're too high or low. Bottom line - If you don't know what you're doing, Take it to a professional. No one over the internet can properly instruct you with a few tips and pointers.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
i think your talking about intonation, it's best to take it into a music or guitar shop, they'll usually do it for free or at a low price and they do it RIGHT, which is the most important thing
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
i think your talking about intonation, it's best to take it into a music or guitar shop, they'll usually do it for free or at a low price and they do it RIGHT, which is the most important thing

He's a little vauge... The deal with the " Distance between the sting and the fretboard " makes me think action, But the deal with the " 12 fret " Makes me think intonation or neck relief.

Take it to a pro, Man. That's really the best answer here.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!