I just bought a Peavey Valveking 112 and it sounds awesome, but it want a higher gain amp. So my question is whats a good high gain tube combo? Im trying to find an amp for around $500
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
If you can't get the distortion you want out of that amp, Don't buy another amp - Buy a pedal. Those are great tube amps, One of the peavy amps I actually like. Try a Tube screamer, Try a DS-1, But you're wasting money if you just buy another amp - It's a pedal world, Guy.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
Grr. i really dislike using pedals and i need to return the amp regardless since something on the inside isnt bolted down properly. I also feel like it doesnt have enough bass. it really feels weak to me.
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie makes great products if you can afford it, But not many people can. =D Guy. Pedals are orgasmic. There are plenty of ways to secure pedals and buy a massive pedal board to do so. ( Personally, An arsenal of pedals can make or break a tone. ) Bottom end? You just need to know how to properly chain your pedals. That amp you have is a perfectly fine amp, It just needs a little push.

But if you're really that unhappy. With that budget, You're going to have to go Solid state. I'd suggest a Line6, Peavy Transtube, Crate, Or if you can find a pawnshop Hughes and Kettner Solid state.
I could afford a used mesa but i feel like thats going a little too far. Im just trying to keep it small so im not that guy with all the amazing equipment and not the skills
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Quote by Ol'boy Rivers
Bottom end? You just need to know how to properly chain your pedals. That amp you have is a perfectly fine amp, It just needs a little push.

Are you saying that with the right pedal my valveking can push out some bass? cause even on some serious volumes i wasnt feeling it hardly at all. thanks for the help so far by the way
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Quote by Reesh
Are you saying that with the right pedal my valveking can push out some bass? cause even on some serious volumes i wasnt feeling it hardly at all. thanks for the help so far by the way

It's all good man, We've all been in this position. AND YES! Overdrive pedals ( Not distortion pedals, Not digital pedals ) are designed to increase the output of your guitar in order to " Over " drive a amps preamp to distortion, Causing an increase in volume and thus pushing the amps Power amp section into " Power amp " distortion. ( Solid state amps won't have Power amp distortion, By the way. ) This increases ALL frequincies and if it wasen't for the adjustable peaks on your amp and the pedal, You'd be overloaded with mids and bottom ends. My advice - Start with a tube screamer, And if you can't afford that go for a Boss DS-1. There's also a brand called " Visual Sound " That makes outstanding products, I endorse them with much power because I own both the Route 66 and Jekyll and Hyde pedals. I'll also suggest Electro Harmonix and Tone Labs products - You're using a nice amp, Don't spoil that tone with Digital effects. Go Analog or ( if you can afford it ) Tube pathing. There won't be much of a difference but Tube pedals will give you a little more Umph as well as a warmer sound. BUT! You're working with five hundred dollors. Buy a pedal board and go to your local guitar center - BRING YOUR AMP and plug every pedal you can get your hands on. It's all about -your- ears, Not my suggestions.
Awesome. Ill see if i can try out a tube screamer then. thanks
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Wrong forum. Try Guitar Gear and Accessories.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure