Can someone PLEASE tell me/ show me some things to increase my fingers speed something please. Like an exersize or something. Also I need someone to explain to me the basics of soloing and things like that. Everyone Ive asked that always just tells me to take a scale and just increase your speed, I got that its just i cant play it in the same key when i go further down the neck. Like i play the same thing/scale that i played just move up lets say maybe 5 frets and it most of the time sounds like crap. Please help me out here, anyone!!

Please dont only leave or send stuff here but send information at my email which is guitardude20104@aol.com

PLEASE HELP ME
Errrr have a look on youtube for some of joe satriani's masterclasses. He gives a few warmup tips to build up finger strength and therefore speed, but the scale method really does work. Pick a scale/modal pattern and play it up and down so slowly that you couldn't possibly make any mistakes. Then slowly over time, as you teach your fingers to play that scale, increase the speed. It's totally foolproof, but it takes time and serious patience. It's about breaking down what I like to call the "Pain barrier" which is testing your patience with boring scales!
Best of luck dude, if you need a hand pm me.

Harry
Band forming. Drummer and bassist needed, pos backing vocalist. Based near Richmond, Surrey (UK). Pm if interested.
Jack off with your left hand, might not do much for speed but its fun none the less.
keep your fingers without any tension. when they are loose you can go faster. you dont need to press down on the strings very hard. just enough to make contact with the fret. practice hammer ons, licks, runs and scales with your fingers as light and loose as possible. it helps. when you are used to how it feels to play without tension you will be able to do it without thinking about it and you will be able to get faster. also try not to lift your fingers too high off the fret board.
Quote by gotmilk15
Everyone Ive asked that always just tells me to take a scale and just increase your speed, I got that its just i cant play it in the same key when i go further down the neck. Like i play the same thing/scale that i played just move up lets say maybe 5 frets and it most of the time sounds like crap. Please help me out here, anyone!!

PLEASE HELP ME

Well, you can't move up a pattern and expect it to be in the same key. Like if you take a major scale pattern and put it on C, you get the notes C D E F G A B, but if you start further down the neck on A, you get the notes A B C# D E F# G#.

That being said, scales are not patterns. Learn the notes in the scales. Learn the notes on the fretboard, and play the notes in the scale on the fretboard. It's a lot more beneficial than thinking of scales as patterns all the time - in my opinion.

Anyway, search. There are tons of threads on the things you need help on.
Chromatics ftw!

e|-------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4---|
B|---------------------------------------1-2-3-4-------------|
G|-----------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------------|
D|-------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------|
A|---------1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------|
E|-1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------------|

then

e|-4-3-2-1--------------------------------------------------|
B|---------4-3-2-1------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------4-3-2-1--------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------4-3-2-1----------------------|
A|---------------------------------------4-3-2-1------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1--|

Then you move up a fret (2,3,4,5) and so on.

Oh yeah, use Alternate picking!!
look up the tab for steve vai's 10 hour and/or 30 hour workouts. play them with a metronome.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
holy crap, man. 10 and 30 hour workouts?
thats crazy.

but then, if you are dedicated...
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990