hi
im new here..i juz wanna ask you all about jackson RR5..im planning to buy it soon..im play metal..so.. this will b my 1st electric guitar..so, can somebody tell me is RR5 is a good guitar for playing death metal? or you have suggestion about the other guitar..

fyi: i love the sound from decapitated, nile, necrophagist, carcass, arch enemy n more..im sorry im not good in english..
If this is your first guitar I would advise that you buy a cheaper guitar. And to awnser your question an RR5 can do Death Metal but you need a good amp for a similar sound to those dudes.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by mr kipling
If this is your first guitar I would advise that you buy a cheaper guitar. And to awnser your question an RR5 can do Death Metal but you need a good amp for a similar sound to those dudes.

owh..but i have enuff money to buy that stuff for now..for future i dun think i will get lucky like this moment..n mayb never..lol
If it's your first electric go with something that can also do other things but death metal well... this guitar will suit u well in this case. Even if death metal is ur preference, there will always be times where u want other stuff to sound good as well (for me i thought the same way, but now i also play a lot of blues and classic rock).
buying as much guitar as you can afford is cheaper in the long run provided you dont change your mind about playing all together.

RR5 can go very heavy although you may or may not want to swap out the pickups depending on your preference, id definately be happy with the stock ones though. it will easily get a classic rock sound as well and depending on your amp you should even be able to go a bit bluesy.
First off, you need a really good amp (or an amp with lots of gain) to pull off death metal. I can use some crappy no named guitar and plug into Mesa Boogie and do some death metal. Amp makes up most of your tone; sure it's nice to have a good guitar but get a good amp first.

What is your budget?
Where are you from?
Can you go used?

Quote by TheDev01dOne
RR24? Link please? what is this RR24 you speak of? Pics?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2913024577
Last edited by Mwoit at Mar 3, 2007,
loks like the jackson version of alexi laiho's sig guitar..................... but id look into ibanez for any guitat tbh vey versitile and in general, realy nice playing
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Alexis sig guitar is a copy of the Jackson one, not the other way around.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
RR24? Link please? what is this RR24 you speak of? Pics?

some of my friends said the rr24 was really bad ass ! i dunno..
You really need high output pickups and a high gain amp to play death metal.

High end Jackons are good throughout most of the line, the RR5 should do fine.
Look into the high end Ibanez RG's also, they're great, I think the dude from necrophagist uses and Ibanez now actually.
any guitar can be used for any genre i know people here will either not like them or aint heard of them but bring me the horizon use rr5's and they're deathcore which is abit like death metal
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
You're failing to answer the most important question:

What amp are you going to use?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
i've always had a bit of struggle choosing between RR5s and BC Rich Ironbirds (platinum obv.). However i'd recommend the Ironbird for death metal. Jacksons are more of a thrash guitar, though the sound is much sweeter.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by jmag
You're failing to answer the most important question:

What amp are you going to use?

+1