ok so im getting a new bass, and its definatley an Ibanez. but im wondering...which in your opinion would be the best Ibanez to get? i play emocore/poppunk/hardcore music, and want something really solid. ideas?
I've got the SR505, its a 5 string which might come in handy. It gives off a great growly tone, nice light and thing.. i love it
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
The SR50# is a good bass, but for your type of music,you should look into an SRX, too.
Quote by punk_isntemo12
BTW, i prefer 4 stringers.

Then I suggest the SR500. I prefer the 5 (SR505) but that's just me. Nice growly tone, but it can be dialed into just about whatever you want.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Look at the SDGRs too. Tried a 5er at the local store today. It was nice. Played through a Peavey Classic 400 though, so that tube wattage may have had something to do with it.
Fender Strat '62 With Clapton signal processor and Fender Lace Sensors
Kustom DFX 100 (2x12)
Fender 150W all tube '64 vintage Amp (2x12)
Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth

Say to Emo's.
i got the SR506 and its amazing, the SR500 wouldn't be a bad choice. You could look at the SRX series, the EDB series looks pretty cool aswell.
the SRX series sucks now...they're cutting down on it. I've always thought they were awesome but feature and costwise...nothing compares with the SR500s
I agree that u should get the SR500, its a real nice bass.
To do list:

Finish do-up of Samick MM copy bass
Convert Daphon wah to Crybaby Bass wah
Get an Electric guitar!
I'm selling my SR506 for an ATK305 most likely.

Anybody want the 506, it's in the classifieds.

The ATK would do very well for an aggressive tone, I think.
haha
Last edited by MetalUpTheAss at Mar 5, 2007,
Why not a BTB400... I have the 405 version and its as good as the SR505 but looks better.