Hi

The screws for my pick-ups keep coming the loose....the ones which let you raise or lower the pick-ups height. I tighten them up but they seem to come loose again?

Anyone got any ideas?
kill urself, it the only way
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by Donkey Fly
Hi

The screws for my pick-ups keep coming the loose....the ones which let you raise or lower the pick-ups height. I tighten them up but they seem to come loose again?

Anyone got any ideas?

What guitar? What pickups?

check if the threads are worn.
Its an Ibanez DT200 Destroyer wit Infinity Pick-ups....they shouldn't be worn, i only just got it at the start of Feb....it was used bt refurbished at Ibanez.
I had the same problem. I wrapped some tissue paper up in cling film and put it behind the pickup for padding. It doesn't shake about now so the screws don't come loose. And just in case they do I stuck a bit of tape over them so they don't fall out.
what type of guitar?

*second post reported.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
buy different sized springs for the screw, if it's raising, then get smaller springs, if it's lowering, then get a larger pair of springs
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
^well the springs are probably just too compressed and not holding the pups in place. but, it really depends on the guitar. he might not want to take it apart to fix it, unless it's really a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I posted the guitar model.

Ibanez Destroyer....and the pick-ups don't seem to be lowering or raising but im not sure so ill have to get back to you on that........

Id rather not take it apart aswell.
ok sorry i didnt see.

anyway, its a solid body. to fix this, u would nee to buy 4 pickup height adjustment springs. or cut up a sponge into bit's u can use to prop up the existing springs. the springs in there now are old and dont bounce back the way they are supposed to.

the pickups would need to be removed at the next string change. and the springs would need to be added to the hieght adjustment screws, between the top of the pickup and the mounting ring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

sounds like the springs are missing.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix