Page 1 of 2
i searched and came up empty but you know, if this has been done before notify me and I'll peacefully delete the thread..

Name the top 5 metal drummers from 1980 till now..
Keep it metal or I'll break your legs.
Name the best drummers, not your favorite.

So, I go with this list, 1-5 , from best to least best.

1) Richard Christy (Death)
2) Mike Portnoy (DT)
3) Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
4) Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
5) Pete Hammoura (Nile), <- I think he's very good.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Martin Lopez
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Tony Williams
Buddy Rich
Jack Dejohnette
The reason there is no metal drummers up there? because "metal drummers" r an oxymoron. O wow watch i can double bass drum really fast, that must mean im good. hahahahhahahahah what a crock of shit
Mike Portnoy From Dream Theater
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Travis Barker, Joey Jordison and Jordan Mancinni

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
i say its a tie between Dave Lombardo and Richard Christy

i like how you put richard christy from his death years cause he is just insane to watch
how bout joey jordison
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
Tony Williams
Buddy Rich
Jack Dejohnette
The reason there is no metal drummers up there? because "metal drummers" r an oxymoron. O wow watch i can double bass drum really fast, that must mean im good. hahahahhahahahah what a crock of shit

And the reason you're in the metal forum is...?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

^that made no since...."how about not"

Metal drumming isnt just a bunch of double bass drum either fag

necro covered my favs, except switch hammoura with sandoval and where good
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
u should look up the guys i listen, cause i garuntee u havent heard ne of them, then try to talk about good drummers.
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
u should look up the guys i listen, cause i garuntee u havent heard ne of them, then try to talk about good drummers.

How about you stop preaching.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by IRONxPANTERA
i say its a tie between Dave Lombardo and Richard Christy

Not really.. Christy has some amazing beats, his rythms are so hard to play.. Listen tot the sound of perseverance, It's bloody amazing.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
Tony Williams
Buddy Rich
Jack Dejohnette
someone clearly hasnt been exposed to metal.
and no mention of Hannes Grossman?!
Haven't got a top 5 but it will deffenitly include these two:

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater; Liquid Tension Experiment)
Danny Carey (Tool)
Johan Langel (Pain of Salvation)

And to Kurt_Rosenwinkl:

Listen to Tool ... No double bass drum (or not on many songs) but still metal (progressive Rock... and metal )
And he plays with quite a lot feeling and hell he's good!...
Same with Johan Langel!

So....
Before you say this kind of things... first listen to to every metal-band ... cause there are, most propably, quite a lot more metalbands with great dummers without a double bass and that play with lost of feeling
Hoglan is amazing.
Hoglan, Lombardo, Mournier, Portnoy and Carey.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by JvL
Listen to Tool ... No double bass drum (or not on many songs) but still metal (progressive Rock... and metal )
And he plays with quite a lot feeling and hell he's good!...
theres nothing metal about Tool except occasionally for Dannys drumming, and he is an amazing drummer. Kurts problem is he clearly doesnt know metal, and has probably only heard a handful of popular bands who lack highly in the talent department.
Sigh, another one of these threads...

Vitek
George Kollias
Derek Roddy
Flo Mounier

and of course the guy from Waking the Cadaver lolololol.
Last edited by ph3n0m at Mar 3, 2007,
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl

Stop being a cock.

Buddy Rich is great, and better than a lot of metal drummers, but you're still being ignorant and, well, fucking stupid.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Flo Mounier
Flo Mounier
Flo Mounier
Flo Mounier
Flo Mounier

...but, if you want my real list:

Flo Mounier
Gene Hoglan
Mike Portnoy
Raymond Herrera
Pete Sandoval
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
Tony Williams
Buddy Rich
Jack Dejohnette

Knowing how to spell would make you less of a dumbass.

Also, we are not fucking retarded. I have heard them and they are some cool drummers, but you have no clue of what you say.
Mounier, Dailor, Doc, Portnoy and I can't believe he wasn't mentioned yet: Tomas Haake.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Gene Hoglan, Thomas Haake, Martin Lopez, Flo Mounier, Lord Marco, Pete Sandoval, Brann Dailor, George Kollias, etc.
If you are reading this, you fail at life. Go cut yourself and save yourself more misery.

Quote by Antartica.
What do you think about Opeths soft singer, do you think they need that vocalist or is that wut makes them Opeth?
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
Tony Williams
Buddy Rich
Jack Dejohnette

that's probably the dumbest thing that's ever been posted in this forum. most death metal that's worth anything has really intricate drumming, at least on the same level technically as the stuff you mentioned. the guys you mentioned were great, and changed drumming forever, but they have been outclassed by today's greats, like flo mouriner and derek roddey.

now for my list, in no particular order;
flo mouriner
derek roddey
george kolias
gene hoglan
trym (only black metal guy that's really great technically that i can think of right now)
hello
Gah. Martin Lopez, Tomas Haake, Gene Hoglan, Flo Mounier, Kevin Talley, Brann Dailor, Richard Christy.

meh, I dont know many drummer names.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Alucard II
theres nothing metal about Tool except occasionally for Dannys drumming, and he is an amazing drummer. Kurts problem is he clearly doesnt know metal, and has probably only heard a handful of popular bands who lack highly in the talent department.

...Ticks and Leeches? Hooker With A Penis?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
1. Nick Pierce
2. Mike Portnoy
3. Derek Youngsma
4. Adrian Erlandsson
5. Jaska Raatikainen
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Quote by LedZeppelin
...Ticks and Leeches? Hooker With A Penis?
2 songs make a band metal? balls, we're gonna have to extend this forum
besides, Hooker's not all that metal.
Page 1 of 2