Has anyone heard/tried these ? as im looking into them and if not can you suggest some other bareknuckles or others that would be good for metal and rock ? oh and dont say emgs because i know about them but bare knuckles dont come fitted to any standard guitars as far as i know so i cant really go and try them.
BK own.

If you want EMG-ish sound but Clearer(better) go for a BK Miracle Man.

If you want High output with nice cleans go for a BK nailbomb.

I think the Painkiller is more of a Rock pickup rather than Metal.

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk and listen.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
You can also goto their forums and ask for what kind of pickups are best for you.
Sent from my iPad.
hmmmm thanks i was looking into the nailbomb aswell ill ask about but anyone else who has them or played them id like to hear from you
I have the Nailbomb.

I love the harmonics. Squeel like muther****ers. Very versatile.

And it will fit into you jackson.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Nailbomb, pain killer, warpigs...

They are SOOOOO expensive, but I have to say, they are worth it... (If you know how to solder your own pups on...I had to spend about a 100 USD for that ).
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^If you live in american that is

Well, they make a BIT of tone difference...you can't really tell, I say it's more for looks...Covered pups ftw! Mine are getting rusty .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Buy the effects first, they'll keep you with something to play...then value your current pups very closely...then when you get your new ones, test em' in and see how much of a greater difference it has made .

I made a little review on this other site...it's quite biased but hey, I love my gear

Alright, I guess I'll add my small snippet of a review on then! smile.gif

Bareknuckle Mule Pickups
-These pickups are relativley low output pick ups, yet, they're highly versatile. Mules are quite responsive to the dynamics of your picking techqnique and all they just flat out sound great! Neck pick up sounds very warm while on cleans and on distortion; think of "Knock'n On Heaven's Door" - Guns N' Roses cover for that type of tone, but a bit clearer...I guess that would be a decent comparison. biggrin.gif. On the flip side, for the bridge pick ups...They have alot of bite to their tone and they help you give either that extra chug or that smooth sound you've been seeking for. Also, they're Tim's favorite pair of BKP's. laugh.gif

pros: They're very clear and quite articulate depending on how you play. Versatile and quite warm and you'll actually be able to sound out what chord you're playing on the OD channel! smile.gif. They're also low outputs!...

cons:...low outputs can be a turn of for those who like to play death metal and all. These pickups were made for my type of style; blues, classic rock, hard rock, and 80's metal. But a thing that I hate about BkP's is that....once you buy one, you're not going to want to go back...you'll decide you need to change ALL of your guitars with BKP's yes3.gif

hints for use: Just plug in and rock out!

For more information on BKP's or if you want to check out some sound clips, check out their forums!

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Also, don't be afraid to post on there or email Tim, they're very friendly. smile.gif

Ps: My reviews may seem a bit biased, but that's just me, I love my gear! Also, remember to give your mules some time, it may take some time to adjust to them, but once you do--you'll absolutley love them!

It's more like something you'll grow to love. laugh.gif

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
hmmm yeah i think ill do that i was gonna order it tonight anyways and once i have ill have to wait a while to have enough money for the BK. cool reveiew if i had another guitar then i would probably consider them eventually id like to get a more 'blues' guitar as im getting into that abit more but for now its gonna have to be the nailbomb maybe even splash out an extra £10 for the real sweet covers
best bet, if you've decided on BKP, is to register over at their forum and post over there. Lots of knowledgeable guys over there. Plus, you could email or pm tim, the head honcho- though I hear he's away with iced earth at the moment.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarist41
BK own.

If you want EMG-ish sound but Clearer(better) go for a BK Miracle Man.

If you want High output with nice cleans go for a BK nailbomb.

I think the Painkiller is more of a Rock pickup rather than Metal.

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk and listen.

I wouldn't say they're clearer.

They aren't as hot and they don't have the little bit of compression EMGs have, either.
^ yeah, that's what I hear, the MM especially isn't as hot as an EMG. Though, I know D man got a custom hotter miracle man and ceramic warpig, and he says they're as hot as EMG's. Depends what you're after, I suppose- I guess you'd lose versatility if you did that (one of the reasons you might pick BKP over EMG in the first place).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like my BKP, but only in my Les Paul, that's it. I can't get into it for Strat-shaped guitars (which is what I bought it for) because its a bit too bright and overbearing..coming from a guy who plays alter bodied guitars with maple necks through preferably marshall-esque amps and ENGLs????

but yeah, if you end up getting them that overwound I'd think that they would lose what extra functionality they had almost immediately, at least the MM.

I say that if you're looking for an EMG, buy an EMG. I duno why people always recommend passives to try and sway someone (at least someone knowledgeable) to the realm of expensive hand wound passive pickups..
^ haha, yeah, I hear ya. It does sound a little bright at times... I have it on order for my custom king v, it's mahogany though, so hopefully it'll be ok there.

But yeah, it's all personal preference and all. I know all the lynch/dokken fans over at the BKP boards love it in strat-type guitars.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I noticed its been gaining an even bigger following. I like the tone alot, actually, but its not what I'm looking for in my own tone, especially with my bands. I could deal with playing around with it (once I figure out the issues I'm having with it being too bright, probably my amp) but the tone doesn't really apply to my main goal at the moment, which is the whole death metal thing.
^ aye. i wanted it for a more 80's metal/thrash metal/heavier hair metal type tone, which hopefully it'll do.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?