G'day

Why is it that people always put "iPod/MP3" in their threads? I always thought the iPod was an MP3 player? Or is it just so popular (and in my opinion, overrated) that it deserves a class of its own?

Does it not read MP3 files? It would be pretty shit if it didn't...
Most people seem to show off with their iPods, it's pretty lame. I mean I got an iPod but I refer to it as my "MP3"..
When I hear "mp3 player", I always think a little flash drive thing. Harddrive players like iPods and Zens and Zunes sort of get their own class for me.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
When I hear "mp3 player", I always think a little flash drive thing. Harddrive players like iPods and Zens and Zunes sort of get their own class for me.

Voodoo your officaly my hereo, wedge antilles for the win
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
cos they play AACs and mpeg4s and have photos. When it has a hard drive not a flash drive its a seperate class.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by xXBlack_PickXx
Voodoo your officaly my hereo, wedge antilles for the win

Hell yeah. Apart from Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2-D2 and C-3PO, he's the only character to survive the entire original trilogy.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by The Novice
Most people seem to show off with their iPods, it's pretty lame. I mean I got an iPod but I refer to it as my "MP3"..

Me too. I agree, iPods are more of a fashion thing to people but I just want to beable to carry around all my music.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
the ipod and zune are all mp3 players, but some do other things like movies and pics
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It's like a Mac. People like to say, PC V. Mac, although essentially, a Mac is a personal computer. I mean why not say, Windows V. Mac instead?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

****, idc, it plays music, its small, and has headphones...thats all i need.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
yeah it's just an mp3 player, and it's not any different because of the photos/movies support, you can do that on other devices you would otherwise call "mp3 players"
Quote by ygokazuki
yeah it's just an mp3 player, and it's not any different because of the photos/movies support, you can do that on other devices you would otherwise call "mp3 players"

You have to admit though, the Podcast does make it vastly different. I thought it was sad like the threadstarted said but i'm beginning to think that it isn't. I mean, an Ipod has the capability of "podcasting" and that's something you don't see on other mp3s.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by MoBscene
i heard ipods were loseing the harddrives and going to flash

I don't see a point in harddrives in a portable MP3 player. If you can make it solid state, you should to enhance stability. We all know what happens to CD's.

Quote by Harmonius
You have to admit though, the Podcast does make it vastly different. I thought it was sad like the threadstarted said but i'm beginning to think that it isn't. I mean, an Ipod has the capability of "podcasting" and that's something you don't see on other mp3s.

Excuse my lack of gadget knowledge, but WTF is podcasting?
Quote by sashki
I don't see a point in harddrives in a portable MP3 player. If you can make it solid state, you should to enhance stability. We all know what happens to CD's.

Excuse my lack of gadget knowledge, but WTF is podcasting?

Podcast is a cross between an Ipod and Broadcasting. It's like streaming radio although anyone can do it and distribute their airplay through the internet through Itunes, which allows people to listen to shows. BBC news for example, is one I also suscribe to. Just before leaving the house to get to uni, I plug in my Ipod in Itunes and update (Itunes automatically updates to the newest episode and if you don't listen to an old one, it'll save it) my BBC news podcast (daily). It'll them update me with an episode of news and coverage with extra additions - sort of like radio but a lot more specialized. You can also get other podcasts like the Mugglecast (the weekly Harry Potter podcast, which conincidently is the largest podcast in the world), is quite good. These episodes last for however long possible. I also suscribe to law (i'm a Law Student) podcasts too so I can learn whilst i'm travelling.

In fact, there is a UG podcast. The choice is quite vast. If you wanted, you can suscribe to as many guitar podcasts that teach you the basis or guitar lessons. Podcast works on all Ipods and if your ipod has video capability, you can also download video podcasts (BBC news is one of them).

So actually, I change my mind. They are in a class of their own.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 3, 2007,