Page 1 of 2
to find out why im depressed. Its today. Ive smoked weed a lot the past week,

can they find out and tell my parents?

edit: they are taking me to some place to get it done, and im about 16
it will be confidential
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
They can find out, but I doubt they'll be able to tell your parents. Like rabidguitarist said (pretty much), confidentiality.
Definately confidential.

If they tell your parents, in becomes a breach of duty case.
Terms and Conditions apply.
It's confidential. I think there's some sort of rule where they can only release what they're looking for in the test, so unless they're checking specifically for your THC levels, then you'll be safe.
brnh.bandcamp.com
my buddy had to take blood tests one time and he said if you drink a cup of vinegar before you go in it would clean out your system. but you have to do it for 2 days
i suggest you drink alot of vinegar now man or your screwed

EDIT: pot is a depressent and if you smoke it alot there have been studys where the majority of the people were depressed so it might have something to do with it
Quote by I_Pwn
It's confidential. I think there's some sort of rule where they can only release what they're looking for in the test, so unless they're checking specifically for your THC levels, then you'll be safe.

He's 16, he has quasi-legal capacity.

The doctors are bound not to tell his parents anything.
Terms and Conditions apply.
They will only find out if they are looking for it in the blood, if they dont look for it, they dont find it
Quote by Time Bomb
Dude, you are screwd

Im not even worried since you cant even spell screwed.

Thanks guys, im going to ask exactly what they are looking for before I them my blood.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
EDIT: pot is a depressent and if you smoke it alot there have been studys where the majority of the people were depressed so it might have something to do with it

I think you misunderstand what is meant by a depressant.
I'm pretty sure they won't tell anyone. You can always bail out, too. That is, if you're a pussy.
Sent from my iPad.
I'm sure pot makes you depressed if you smoke alot.

If you smoke it your brain gets to a new "happy level" and after your high is gone your back to normal level. If you smoke alot then your brain will get more used to that 'happy level' and normal level gets depressing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Pot isnt whats depressing me, I use pot to chill out and release some stress or some shit if I have a bad day, and sometimes just for fun. I know I probably shouldnt use it like that.
i think its confidential, but if your so worried about getting caught doing drugs (which most people would be), i just suggest quitting. but eh, your choice. im not gonna lose sleep over it.

Jack my swag
They will only tell your parents if the pot is the cause for your problem. If not then its a secret. But if they do tell ur parents, you get a free lawsuit!
They probably won't be able to tell unless its a drug test specifically.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
if your parents love you they won't care, they'll try to help you. Good luck mate.
Quote by blynd_snyper
try to help him? what pot related help would he need?

"hey son, this is how you roll a spliff"

I meant they'll help him with his depression, it's a bitch of a problem to get rid of.
Quote by farcry
I meant they'll help him with his depression, it's a bitch of a problem to get rid of.

oh alright, i thought you were one of those idiots who would say "they'll help you kick your addiction"

i'm sorry, i misunderstood and i misjudged you
The only way your going to make it out alive is if you go in armed.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Kensai
I'm sure pot makes you depressed if you smoke alot.

If you smoke it your brain gets to a new "happy level" and after your high is gone your back to normal level. If you smoke alot then your brain will get more used to that 'happy level' and normal level gets depressing.

Yeah. Long term use messes with your head and makes u likely to suffer clinical depression, schizophrenia, etc etc. People tend to overlook this though. The older generation is now made up of people who may have smoked it, meant to be the most forgetful, mentally unstable, alzheimers-prone generation yet. Wonder what under-30s will turn out like.
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05

I've had to answer this question many times on here.

First off, I am a phlebotomist by profession. I draw blood and run the tests.

Second, they will NOT test for marijuana unless they are specifically testing for it and the likeliness of them drawing blood for that is slim to none. Usually marijuana is tested with a urine sample.

Third, your test results are confidential. You and your doctor are the only ones to have the right to know.

You are 100% safe. Relax and smoke a fatty.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

yeah i think if it was a drug test then they would only be taking a urine sample...
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Your parents, at least in the US I believe, would have to specifically request a drug test in order for them to be informed of something like that, although if they have you may be in trouble.
Quote by AK Guitarist
I've had to answer this question many times on here.

First off, I am a phlebotomist by profession. I draw blood and run the tests.

Second, they will NOT test for marijuana unless they are specifically testing for it and the likeliness of them drawing blood for that is slim to none. Usually marijuana is tested with a urine sample.

Third, your test results are confidential. You and your doctor are the only ones to have the right to know.

You are 100% safe. Relax and smoke a fatty.

LOL thank you, that made me chuckle.

Thanks everyone it went well, I asked the lady taking the blood specifically what they were looking for, she told me, was smiling the whole time. So yeah, I think im good, thanks guys
no they are not aloud to tell your parents itis not aloud it stays in your system up to 30 days so keep puffing man!!
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05

wait...

How is a blood test going to tell them why you're depressed???
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Give them someone elses .
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by hamish5178
wait...

How is a blood test going to tell them why you're depressed???

I was just going to ask that. Shouldn't you be going to a psychologist? A blood test is totally unrelated to depression. You might as well get a rectal inspection to determine why you have a tooth ache.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah. Long term use messes with your head and makes u likely to suffer clinical depression, schizophrenia, etc etc. People tend to overlook this though. The older generation is now made up of people who may have smoked it, meant to be the most forgetful, mentally unstable, alzheimers-prone generation yet. Wonder what under-30s will turn out like.

That is huge generalization. All of those things are tenuously linked at best to pot smoking. And that thing about the older generation is an assumption on your part which you probably just pulled out of your ass.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
That is huge generalization. All of those things are tenuously linked at best to pot smoking.

Guess again

atleast about the depression thing, but it's not like smoking pot is good for your brain.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Meaning it slows you down, not makes you sad.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by AzureNight

That is huge generalization. All of those things are tenuously linked at best to pot smoking. And that thing about the older generation is an assumption on your part which you probably just pulled out of your ass.

I thought it sounded like shit too.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
They tested it for thyroids stuff and other diseases, and yes im seeing a therapist and a psychologist.

I made the thread because I didnt know if they would find thc in my blood or something crazy like that and start opening their mouths to my parents,

they took two table spoons right in front of me.... so its not like i couldve given them my friends blood.
It depends on what country you live in.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Page 1 of 2