14 52%
GHS Boomers
5 19%
Dean Markley Blue Steel
1 4%
Elixir nanoweb
7 26%
Voters: 27.
So basically I keep snapping D'addario 9s playing 'Jessica'...

So i'm getting some 10s. But which are the best?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I always have used Ernie Ball Regular Slinky, work fine for me, and the never snap.

Unless acoustic, I use Martin & Co. SP
I always use elixir, some might think they are slippery but I like the feel.

Edit: I've never had an elixir string snap for me so they are a good choice, a bit expensive but you pay for the quality
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Mar 3, 2007,
Yeah I forgot to say no Ernies - they just wear out too quick for me, I love their tone, feel and flex though. If there were strings with pretty much the exact tone, feel and flex of Ernies that lasted way longer...You've got me sold.
i like DR's ive used a bunch of strings in the past but DR's are the best.
I just bought a box of 12 packs of super slinky's for 45 bucks, so maybe get that if you love Ernies.

I have played Blue Steel's, and I was not impressed, at all. I paid 7 bucks for a pack, and they were horrible at bending, and they didn't feel smooth. Out of that list, I would have to say Elixers or DR's.
High as tits
If i'm honest I haven't used Ernies for a while because as I remember they wore out quick - However, now I come to think of it, D'addarios barely last any longer and I never broke any Ernies...

I couldn't really think of too many makes to put on the poll, also, sorry bout that...
Quote by MrCarrot
If i'm honest I haven't used Ernies for a while because as I remember they wore out quick

Elixirs will last you a year, they will eventually sound like crap but they won't snap.
D'addarios in my opinion. However Ive never played elixer. How much are those?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
elixirs are good, and last long. id recommend some DR's though. i dont know about the tens but the high voltage are the shit.
Is it true that Elixirs have a poorer tone than other strings?
Quote by MrCarrot
Is it true that Elixirs have a poorer tone than other strings?

IMO the elixirs have a more "metallic" tone, if that made any sense
I know what you mean by metallic, strangely enough :P: And I don't particularly dig that sorta tone.

I'll probably go out and buy a box of Ernies with all these recommendations for them...

Any other suggestions welcomed
DR strings are THE BEST. anyone who chooses anything else over DRs is on drugs.
Quote by cheames
DR strings are THE BEST. anyone who chooses anything else over DRs is on drugs.

True, I just recently switched from 11-50 Boomers to DR 11-50 Hi-Beams and I love how bright they are. I'm going to try the Tite-Fits next but I can't see going without these Hi-Beams now.
I usually get Gibson strings, although I'm using GHS Boomers right now and they're alright.

So Boomers, I guess.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.