Has Eric been playing any of his new songs from Back Home? I've been looking though some of the setlists on www.whereseric.com and I haven't seen any. Just seems kind of odd to me.
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
when I saw him he played the title track from that album and a couple others in a short acoustic set.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
When i saw him he only played the album opener So Tired and the album closer Back Home. I just dont think the fan response to his new album's been good enough for him to justify including any more. That said, i thought So Tired was REALLY good live.
It's sad, 90% of the people that see him just wanna hear White Room and Layla
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
I am seeing him in two days. Pepsi Center , Eric Clapton. Marvelous. I hope he brings out everything. Not just the classics, but really everything. A musician is his/her music, all of it. And for Clapton, all of it is DAMN good.
Does he play anything from The Road to Escondido?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
not on this tour. he is suppose to play some shows with jj cale sometime this year. He also isn't playing a lot off of back home, because of the change in personel. The band was well suited for the derek and the dominos era, they just leaned toward that part of his carrer. Derek trucks probbably had a lot to do with that. All of that material has three or more guitar parts.
He's going to play with J.J. Cale!? Where did you get this info?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I haven't heard anything about him playing with J.J. Cale. I do get to see him at Pepsi Center too, hopefully it will be a great show, but it should be after all it is Clapton.
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
Speaking of the clapton tour, is Derek Trucks still going to be with him on April 3rd? I heard Derek is leaving the tour sometime, I'm not sure when.
Isn't trucks leaving to tour with the Allman Brothers soon?
Well, i just saw Clapton in Houston friday, and it was great. They started out with 5 Derek and the Dominos songs (my favorite album), and did Outside Woman Blues (acoustic though. I would've preffered electric), and some other good stuff (the standards really: Crossroads, Cocaine, Layla, etc). No I Shot The Sherrif though! After seeing that played on the Crossroads DVD, i couldn't wait to see it. Oh well...
Trucks was really on fire. Clapton seemed to really want to show him off well, as he solo'd atleast just as much as clapton.

Although throughout the whole concert, Clapton said maybe 10 words.
When i saw him he played basically the derek and the dominoes live at fillmore album. it was really great. he also did an acoustic set and then in the encore came back and did the songs that the majority of the audience want to hear: cocaine, layla etc...

it was an awesome show...derek trucks is amazing and when they played layla and derek did duanes slide solo i was blown away...
Quote by Quoteman
It's sad, 90% of the people that see him just wanna hear White Room and Layla

Probably because his latest album was really, really bad. Still, props to Eric for doing new things at this stage in his career.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Quote by Encore_God
Probably because his latest album was really, really bad. Still, props to Eric for doing new things at this stage in his career.

You mean Back Home or The Road to Escondido?
Quote by ufossuck
You mean Back Home or The Road to Escondido?

Back Home. The stuff I heard from that was particularly bland and nasty, and I marvel at the fact that he could release an album like that after those blinding sessions with Cream. The J.J. Cale album was classy though, some tasteful work there.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
I saw him about 9 months ago at the NEC in Birmingham. That was the start of a European, possibly even a world tour, and I'm not sure that he's been back since...

But man, was he awesome! Best concert I've ever been to. Derek Trucks played with him too, which was a huge added bonus, and John Mayer supported (though I missed his first 15 mins). Overall, a sensational performance.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Quote by Encore_God
Back Home. The stuff I heard from that was particularly bland and nasty, and I marvel at the fact that he could release an album like that after those blinding sessions with Cream. The J.J. Cale album was classy though, some tasteful work there.

Could you really expect J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton to make an album that wasn't great?
Derek Trucks is playing with Clapton up until March 18th
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
^^
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am seeing him on April 2nd!!!!! My dad is taking me and he already saw him earlier this year with Trucks, and said that he actually played better than Clapton(!?!?!?) He said that Clapton played fantastically but Trucks slide work is phenomenal. I have the newest album from the Derek Trucks Band, and it is impressive. Sahib Teri Bandi/Maki Madni is unbelievably soulful and gushes with natural tone. He is the best guitarist around today (that's not a classic like Clapton, Page etc) in my opinion and I was so excited about seeing him. Even more so now after reading and hearing how well he plays like. Dammit, that's really disappointing.

Think about that - Myself and the guy a few posts above me are actually more worried about whether Trucks is playing than Clapton!! He's that good.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Haha, well Clapton alone is worth the price of admission, but if I could seem them both on the same stage, well, I would just be speechless! However, while I'm a little disappointed, I still get to see EC, so it's all good!
if trucks isn't playing then does that mean that doyle bramhall is? i love that guy
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
I got to see them last may; clapton, trucks and doyle.

It was ****ing good. The set list imho was perfect.

Opened with pretending, encore was crossroads. Just ****ing perfect. I was thinking to myself "I'd love to hear pretending tonight" then it literally came on and sounded so good it was insane.

He played some good shit off "back home", so tired, back home acoustic (decent), and the rockiest song off the album (that was really good, y'all know the one I mean, the one that has the really sudden end, quite random - yet worked uber well live)!
Quote by matt92l
if trucks isn't playing then does that mean that doyle bramhall is? i love that guy

I think Doyle would play anyway, regardless of whether Derek Trucks is there or not - they both played with Clapton when I went.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

I saw him in Birmingham last October and he didn't play any of his songs off of Back Home. As was previously mentioned...the Dominoes songs work well with this band.

And while Trucks was great...he was NOT Eric Clapton good.

The concert was incredible even though I was sitting in the next zip code.
Looked up Doyle Bramhall because I hadn't heard of him. Interesting stuff. A lefty (woohoo for lefties!) and he plays with the strings upside down.
Quote by TheHobbes
Looked up Doyle Bramhall because I hadn't heard of him. Interesting stuff. A lefty (woohoo for lefties!) and he plays with the strings upside down.

Yeah, that astonished me when I first saw him play.. His powerchords and barre chords are really interesting.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

Being a lefty, I've tried it, and it's very tough to get your head around.
I'm actually tempted to re-string my guitar upside down (though I am right handed), and giving it a go... lol. Could be a bit of fun.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

For me the hard part isn't necessarily forming chords, but strumming properly.

On topic: A little over 2 weeks until I see E.C. Do the words "can't ****ing wait" mean anything to you?