Page 1 of 2
Just been looking around at what's getting released on Monday so I can head up to the shops and get something new, and it appears to be insanely good. Don't think I've ever seen a release week with so many great looking albums...

Grinderman - s/t
Willy Mason - If the Ocean Gets Rough
Air - Pocket Symphony
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Bryan Ferry - Dylanesque
!!! - Myth Takes
Kitchen Motors Family Album (it better be this week anyway, amazon's been screwing me over with this release date)
Stooges - The Weirdness
Idlewild - Make another world
Feeder - Picture of Perfect Youth (re-release)
Au Revoir Simone - The Bird of Music
RJD2 - The Third Hand
Euros Childs - Bore Da
David Bowie re-releases

Seriously, WOW. Spending spree anyone?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I'll probably get the Arcade Fire and Grinderman albums, but the others I either don't know or don't care about too much (though the Bowie re-releases may be interesting). I'll take your word for it, though.
not just this week, but this entire month is going to be amazing

maria taylor, rosie thomas, andrew bird, i'm from barcelona (us release), lcd soundsystem, ted leo, modest mouse, panda bear

i am going to be poor by the end of the month...

:edit:
^^Maria Taylor is way good.
Modest Mouse was a bit dissapointing but they have been ever since they released the Moon And Antartica, in my opinion anway.
Buuuut, I will say this, this album is a lot better than what I was expecting.
A lot better than Good News anway.

Quote by andrewbiles

Seriously, WOW. Spending downloading spree anyone?

Bwhahaha..

Well, I've heard some bad stuff about the Air album.
I've heard !!!'s album is way good though.
And I'm just finishing listening to Arcade Fire's Neon Album right now and it's alright.
Kinda lame they put No Cars Go on here though.
Even though it's an awesome song.
New > Re-done.
Most of the time anyway.

Last edited by dougiecrystals at Mar 3, 2007,
Im here in Canada, so new music is released on the Tuesday instead of the Monday.

I know Im going out to get Neon Bible (Arcade Fire), The Eraser (Thom Yorke), First Circle (Pat Metheny) and possibly a Muse album.
Quote by uhh_me?
not just this week, but this entire month is going to be amazing

maria taylor, rosie thomas, andrew bird, i'm from barcelona (us release), lcd soundsystem, ted leo, modest mouse, panda bear

i am going to be poor by the end of the month...

The I'm From Barcelona album didn't do much for me, and I'm staying well away from LCD Soundsystem, but the rest of the month does look decent (Jesse Malin, Low & Decemberists DVD).
'Separated By the Sea' by Findlay Brown is also one to check out. Got it about a month ago from Rough Trade, very good album.

Quote by Doolittle
what Bowie albums are they?

'Let's dance', 'Scary Monsters', 'Tonight', 'Don't let me down', may be a couple more, can't remember.

'The Eraser' is only just coming out in Canada?
Muse are meant to be releasing some kind of tour edition of the latest album this month as well.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well I think that's if you listen to it expecting hip-hop, if you aren't then I think it'd be pretty good, I haven't got round to listening to it yet but I've had it in mp3 since new year.
I really wanna hear the new Air album.
It got 4/5 stars in AMG. Sounds good
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by andrewbiles
Just been looking around at what's getting released on Monday so I can head up to the shops and get something new, and it appears to be insanely good. Don't think I've ever seen a release week with so many great looking albums...

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Idlewild - Make another world

I'm getting these tomorrow.

And the new Biffy single on all 3 formats. Awesome.

So aye, tomorrow will be awesome.
It's really not fair that Idlewild, Arcade Fire AND Air put out albums at a time when I have absolutely no money at all. I actually have like 20p in the bank and that's it, dammit
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by StuartR
Well I think that's if you listen to it expecting hip-hop, if you aren't then I think it'd be pretty good, I haven't got round to listening to it yet but I've had it in mp3 since new year.

Yes, I think that is how I'm gonna listen to it...
Quote by andrewbiles

'Let's dance', 'Scary Monsters', 'Tonight', 'Don't let me down', may be a couple more, can't remember.

i have Scary Monsters on viynal pretty good album might be picking up the others

I'm hoping for Grinderman, Pocket Symphony, Neon Bible and The Stooges new one. Maybe not all in one week, though.

Just glad I already own all the Bowie essentials, else this week would be even more financially crippling.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I'm copping the new Arcdae Fire album on Wednesday. The new Air album is supposed to be their worst yet.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Oooo, I want the new Air album! I have a hard time believing the above, as they put out 10,000 Hz. The stuff I've heard sounds like they somehow managed to become even more chill, and I can do that.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
I've read quite a few things saying the Air album is pretty damn good...

RateYourMusic
I've listend to Air for so long, and they've gradually declined, so I don't hold much hope for the new one. As for the Arcade Fire it's alright (as said) its nothing more than a follow-up rather than a progression, it's growing on me though. !!! and Idlewild are great! get them.
I've yet to get anything else.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Mar 7, 2007,
^ So is the newer album just a bit more un-folky or has he changed quite a bit with the album?

Quote by The Hurt Within
I've listend to Air for so long, and they've gradually declined, so I don't hold much hope for the new one. As for the Arcade Fire it's alright (as said) its nothing more than a follow-up rather than a progression, it's growing on me though. !!! and Idlewild are great! get them.
I've yet to get anything else.

I'm waiting for the !!! album in the post, got the deal from insound with the free 12" and had to get a few more bits from them so thought it made sense. It's not the one I expect the most out of though.

'Dylanesque' was rather nice, but at the end of the day is just a bunch of Dylan covers.

Been too distracted by the Dreamies and the latest One AM Radio album this week to really get around to more of the new stuff. 'This too will pass' is one of the best albums Hrishikesh has done so far, seriously enjoyable.

RateYourMusic
Definately Neon Bible.

Feeders Picture Of Perfect youth is a B-side collection, so its more of a purist release. it was limited edition 2 years ago when it was released =/ but theres nothing on there thats at all new.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Looking forward to the new willy mason, going to see him on the 5th (I think) of next month.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by andrewbiles
^ So is the newer album just a bit more un-folky or has he changed quite a bit with the album?

You can tell he's on a major.

The production has improved, I think the folk influence has been diluted in terms of the music, but his vocal seems to have a folkier tinge to it (whilst sounding cleaner at the same time).

I hope that made sense.

If it didn't, then disregard it, and just go and buy the CD. It really is fantastic.
Re the Arcade Fire album, I noticed on the cover of Q this month, they give it 5 stars. Rare praise indeed from them. Is it really that good???
Quote by tezhall
Re the Arcade Fire album, I noticed on the cover of Q this month, they give it 5 stars. Rare praise indeed from them. Is it really that good???

I'd give it 4.5/5
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

this thread is pretty useful, it'd be very cool if we had more, like every week post the new albums coming out

Quote by andrewbiles

Been too distracted by the Dreamies and the latest One AM Radio album this week to really get around to more of the new stuff. 'This too will pass' is one of the best albums Hrishikesh has done so far, seriously enjoyable.

I was curious about the new One AM Radio album. I'd liked what I heard but had forgotten about its release until just now. I may have to pick that one up.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I'd give it 4.5/5

Nice. *adds to shopping list*

Cheers man
Quote by slinks
I was curious about the new One AM Radio album. I'd liked what I heard but had forgotten about its release until just now. I may have to pick that one up.

Definitely one worth checking out in my eyes.

Doolittle, I was thinking that as well. Nice to see other people's opinions on the new releases, but might be a bit of a hassle to do it every week, so maybe monthly?

RateYourMusic
Quote by tezhall

Pff Q give loads of stuff 5 stars.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Well as a subscriber for 18 months, it's the first one I've seen
Page 1 of 2