Anybody have any interesting topics concerning American Literature? I need to write a research paper on a topic that is related to American literature, whether it be how literature influenced something, or how something influenced literature, or basically anything to do with literature.

Got any interesting ideas?
What class are you in? Because i have a few ideas i could give you that i've done, but some are more complext than others. Or, grade?
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Hmm. Perhaps an essay on a specific writer, eg Nathaniel Hawthorne? Or about a particular genre of literature, American Gothic? (not the painting obviously)
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
You could talk about how the events in an author's life influence his or her writing. Just pick a bunch of authors who were aliving during an eventful war/cultural revolution. You could do Hemmingway for WWI, Mark Twain for the African-American rights, etc.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
bahahba, i'm a n00b, but I wonder how many American Literature enthusiats their are on UG. I'd loved to be proved wrong though.

How about, how did John Locke and the Revolutionary War serve to change the religious-themed nature of 18th century american literature?

How did writers like Plath and Ginsburg influence sexuality in american literature.

haha, Religion and/or sex. Teachers love that sh*t.

But I would go with: How has shred-metal changed the interpretations of late 19th century american poetry?
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Hunter S Thompson and his pursuit of the American Dream
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I'd do of mice and men and how it represented the simplicity of life in the depression well that's coming from a brit, lol.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
^good idea.

Perhaps look at Arthur Miller's plays and discuss the themes he explores in there? Similar idea...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Maybe you could do a subject on how the 1900s affected american lit? And cite examples using racism, the great depression, war, etc.?
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
or Ayn Rand and the rise of the Objectivism movement in the U.S.

edit. aw hell, wtf. who revived this fossil?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
To Kill A Mockingbird would be fantastic for this.

/cliche recommendation

I don't understand the bumpage

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What the hell? this was on the first page, I didn't originally bump it...

who the hell deleted their post?

Whatever, I am so reporting you for bumping an old thread. You're going down!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.