Right, I gotta get myself something in the next few days, and the budget is $50. Basicly I need something to practice on for a few weeks till I have the money for an affinity telecaster (and then a few months and I'll buy the genuine article).

I've got an offer for an old Hondo Superstrat off ebay for $40 pickup (but I have to pick it up from the middle of nowhere, which isn't a problem because I'll be roadtripping through there monday) or there's another guitar which is currently going for a dollar plus $27 shipping.

Here's a link to the guitar I was thinking of I was going to go to a max bid of $13, which will mean I get it for $40. If I go for it now, I'll hopefully win before the rest of Australia wakes up, the auction finishes early morning. Current bid is like a dollar.

What do you guys reckon of this piece of sh1t for a supercheap practice guitar? I'm about to lose the strat I've been practicing on, because it's my brother's and I'm moving out on monday. Just need to keep the callouses up for a few weeks till I have a job again and money for the tele.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Do not get an Affinity Tele, they are terrible and you can get better for the money
looks kinda fun- and it's amplifier compatable. always a good thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yeah The affinity isn't great, but they are real Alder, and so might make a nice body for a later neck and pickup swap. The butterscotch stained version looks nice too.

I'm not going for that last ebay guitar, I scrolled down and discovered that shipping is like $150 total.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I have the affinity and hate the neck, I'm not against squier's though, I'd pay the little bit more for a standard
Quote by tubab0y
looks kinda fun- and it's amplifier compatable. always a good thing.

hahahaha