My 650 dollar Schecter bass ain't making any noise through my amp(ive had it for month and it has been working fine)

everything is plugged in correctly...

well when i played my bass my guitar teacher said he thought my batteries were kind of low but he realized that the EQ was all the way that was making the sound but IDK maybe my batteries are really dying (do i have to replace them every month??)

does anyone know wut it could be?

And I never thought guitars and basses ran on batteries... thought the plug supplied the power
Last edited by Papathurzday at Mar 3, 2007,
B-A-S-S

And you need to replace the batteries when they go dead.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
sum1 tell me where i can get these batteries... they must be like ur car batteries or something
in my acoustic it are normal 9 volt batteries, so I expect that it is the same for bass.. I don't know for sure (I play with a passive bass)
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
9 volt battery. Anywhere batteries are sold. If you have an active bass, keep an extra in your case at all times.

Quote by Confused4930
B-A-S-S

Yes, if you are even semi-serious about this instrument, learn to spell it right.
Quote by Papathurzday
sum1 tell me where i can get these batteries... they must be like ur car batteries or something

wow i cant believe how stupid you are . yo uknow nothing about the insrument and you cant spell it. you sound like a beginner and you got a 650 dollar bass? bad move einstein
You have a 650 dollar schecter, you think you need a car battery to power it, and you cant spell bass. Please tell me you are joking?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Did you check to make sure it isn't your cable? Sometimes they go bad within a month. Play through other cables too. You have a $650 bass and can't spell bass right? :P
Your mom must have smoked a lot of crack while she was pregnant with you.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Okay guys of course I know how to spell bass it's just a a joke well anyway

im gonna get some 9 volt batteries, but how do i put them in, theres like some wires and stuff stuck to the batteries in my bass how do i like get em in n like okay
Everyone beat me to it. Who gets a 650 dollar Schecter and wants to run it with car batteries?
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
^or doesn't know how to change the battery in any thing? This has got be a joke. Either the threadstarter needs to get a serious back to basics with his teacher OR needs to find something better to do than post ridiculous crap in the forum.
As previously mentioned, standard 9V battery or cable. Oh, and:

Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by Papathurzday
Okay guys of course I know how to spell bass it's just a a joke well anyway

im gonna get some 9 volt batteries, but how do i put them in, theres like some wires and stuff stuck to the batteries in my bass how do i like get em in n like okay

What schecter is it? Because some have 18 volt electronics
Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
What schecter is it? Because some have 18 volt electronics
IT's a studio 5, i looked on the batteries and they said 9V im guessing that's 9 volt but uhh
Quote by Papathurzday
IT's a studio 5, i looked on the batteries and they said 9V im guessing that's 9 volt but uhh

Yeah ok its a 9 volt. I would have thought the battery is just clipped in so if you pull it from its clip then put the new one in it should be fine.
Quote by Bumper

why dont youg et off your ass and look at the bass, then you can figure out how it works.

and where is a car battery going to fit?

who lives near him? he needs to be slapped.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!