yeah, so I've decided I want to build and customize a strat. But i have 2 quesiotns i need answering.

1) where is a place that sells guitar bodies and necks that isn't too expensive and is reliable?

2) how do I paint a guitar body? do I use spray paint or what?

thanks in advance.
whats your budget for the bodie?
and you need to sand off the paint, prime it a bunch of times and then spray paint of the primer....
UG's HIPPIE
Yeah ebay 100%. Use auto paint in those aerosol cans. Almost anything will do.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by LuckyBoys91
yeah, so I've decided I want to build and customize a strat. But i have 2 quesiotns i need answering.

1) where is a place that sells guitar bodies and necks that isn't too expensive and is reliable?

2) how do I paint a guitar body? do I use spray paint or what?

thanks in advance.

$300 is plenty for just a body. Check out Musikraft - click here. Cheaper than Warmoth and awesome quality. Or you can try eBay if you have a credit card so you can buy a used Fender Strat body, neck, and parts for ~$300 or less. You can get a used MIM Strat for less than $300 with a hardshell case.

You can get some quality paint supplies from ReRanch - click here. Make sure you read their basic refinishing and also check out Project Guitar's Tutorials here.