I'm a guitar player who, nearly a year ago got into bass, and now absolutely love it, I'm an intermediate player and can slap/ pop in a pretty basic fashion.
I love playing most styles, mainly rock and funk, (rhcp, muse, etc)

Skipping the crap, I've just purchased a Jim Dunlop Bass Wah off t'internets, and I'm asking can people post songs/ riffs with good bass wah, just so i can get into the hang of using the pedal.

Cheers
slash's snakepit- dime store rock. at the end of the song theres a guitar solo with a prety cool bass wah .
Coffee shop by RHCP has a awsome bass wah solo
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Didn't Bootsy use a Mutron, and not a wah pedal?

Also, Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz has some pretty simple slap/wah stuff that drives the song.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Didn't Bootsy use a Mutron, and not a wah pedal?

Also, Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz has some pretty simple slap/wah stuff that drives the song.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Snarling-Dogs-Bootzilla-Bootsy-Collins-Signature-Bass-Wah-with-Fuzz-Pedal-?sku=150555
He does use wah
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
For Whom the Bell tolls by Metallica has an awesome wah riff.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by Woogles
Coffee shop by RHCP has a awsome bass wah solo

I'm pretty sure it's auto-wah though.

Anyways, lots of RATM stuff has cool wah riffs. "War Within A Breath" for example.
Quote by kaptink
Im probably wrong but is there a bit of bass wah on white room by cream.

The song is wah'ed to death.

Speaking of Cream
Tales of brave Ulysees - Cream
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Anything done by Cliff Burton.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by spitfirehicks
is that a wah on sir psycho sexy?

no
Quote by brandooon
Quote by spitfirehicks

Sounds like a synth pedal not wah
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by spitfirehicks

envelope filter
Alot of ska and reggae can sound pretty good with bass wah...check out some of Bob Marley's stuff or The Specials.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
The instrumental 'UROTSUKIDOJI' by testament has some clever use of the bass wah. Check it out.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2