What exactly is it? it looks like a wah, but it does detunings and dive bombs? i dont quite get why it would look like a wah if thats what it does
someone explain it?
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Looks like a complete waste of money if you ask me...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i own a digitech whammy and i love it...

Basically, its a harmonizer and a floyd rose, in a pedal.

If you listen to "killing in the name" by rage against the machine, and "like a stone" by audioslave, it's a digitech whammy on those solo's

Lewis
it looks like a wah because you need the expression pedal for controling the pitch variation to make it sound similar to a whammy bar, as the name implies.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I had someone ask me to record clips of the whammy pedal, I'll try and get a few clips recorded this weekend, if I have the time. It's a pitch shifter, harmonizer, and has a detune effect (sounds just like a chorus pedal, it's actually your signal going in and out of tune and you control the intensity with the treadle.)
Actually, don't mind my last post, it isn't a complete waste of money. I just wouldn't buy it because I know that I wouldn't use it...ever.

If you listen to dragon force, they use it quite a lot.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Buckethead uses it quite a bit too (check out Soothsayer). Anyways, they friggin own. Another guy I can think of that uses it is Jack White on 7 Nation Army (he plays what sounds kinda like a bass riff on the guitar using the pedal).
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
If you're looking for songs with the whammy pedal being used:

Joe Satriani - Cool #9
Joe Satriani - Raspberry Jam Delta V
Joe Satriani - Searching
Steve Vai - The Animal
Steve Vai - Touching Tongues (my favorite whammy lick is the chorus of this song.)

Yes, the guys from Dragonforce use the whammy pedal... don't even waste your time with DF.
Quote by Guitarmiester

Joe Satriani - Searching

nice, best Satch whammy song, IMO. Dimebag used it quite a bit as well. cant think of any pantera ATM, but from Damageplan, "Breathing New Life", "Pride", "Explode", and "Save Me" have the whammy pedal used in them.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page