Ive had my guitar for almost 2 years now, and the fretboard is full of crud at the edges, and the wood is looking a little dry. I figure since I need a new set of strings, I might as well clean it as well, so what are the best ways to clean it? Its an ebony fretboard.
Scrape the crap off with a guitar pick or a toothpick lol

That's how i clean mine. They i wipe the frets down with a damp sponge and then wipe it with a dry cloth. Works for me.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Echelon

So you put that on a cloth then wipe your fretboard with it?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Spray it on the fretboard, wait a few seconds and then rub it off with a cloth. I even use it on my cymbals (Im a drummer as well)
sweet, i may have to get some of that. how much does it generally go for?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

In England its between £3 and £5, it will last you for a few years as well.

Edit - It smells nice as well haha
sweet, i'll definitly get some
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

^wow no way?

its my dream guitar with cream binding, hopefully should be with me in 2months max

whats the roadking beasty like?
Quote by Yngwi3
sweet, i may have to get some of that. how much does it generally go for?

Don't use it on a Maple fretboard though.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
IMO, guitar shops will charge about a fiver for something you could get for 50p in a supermarket. But that stuff has always served me well and i dont use it often, so....
Cleaning Fretboards
What you need:
- 0000 grade steel wool or 3M Sanding Sponges (Fine/Extra Fine)
- Lighter fluid or 100% rubbing alcohol
- Soft toothbrush
- Clean cotton rag
- Bore/Lemon oil
- Lots of elbow grease & patience

*It is way more easier to clean all your fretboards if you take it out from the body 1st and putting it on the table or if you think its too much hassle assembling it back, then you can just leave it there.

Cleaning the fretboard:
1) Unstring - duh!
2) Use the Sanding Sponges or 0000 grade steel wool & rub gently over the frets, careful not to go against the grains, always make parallel contact with it
3) Clean 1 fret at a time, not going up and down throughout the fretboard
4) Rub gently across the frets, too much pressure isnt necessary as it will ruin the grains
5) Moving to the inlay area, depending on the dirtiness, you can use a thin pick as a scrape to scrape around the inlays
6) If the dirt still remains, then use lighter fluid/rubbing alcohol to remove it
7) Apply some lighter fluid and using the toothbrush, just brush at the sides of the frewires to remove the dirt accumulated at the crack (you dont have to worry about going against the grains on this one)
4) If you're happy with it, then you can now apply bore/lemon oil onto the fretboard, you can just drip some onto the freboard (which i do) and wipe gloss or apply to clean rag 1st -be careful not to use your fingernails as it will leave scratchmarks-
5) If you're not quite happy with it yet, repeat step #6 with toothbrush with applying a bit more force
6) Leave to air dry overnight

Before (rosewood):

Before (maple):

After (rosewood):

After (maple):

Tips* Its not recommended to use alcohol/lighter fluid on maple fretboards but i find it pretty hard to remove the stain so a little wouldnt hurt

Helpful Website:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/grunge/grunge_1.htm

------------------------------------------ madpickin03®------------------------------------------
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I usually just:

1) take strings off.
2) spray an old soft bristled toothbrush w/ lemon oil based furniture polish
3) scrub it down, dipping the toothbrush in water and drying it every few min to wash dirt from bristles (Dont get water on your fretboard!!!!)
4)wipe fretboard dry with a paper towel.
5)re-string

Keep in mind my fretboard is rosewood, not maple. You can't use lemon oil on maple (or so I've been told)
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.