well, a while ago i found a large lump of pine in my garage so i decided to make a pedal board with it!

i have six pedals, in the sig, and im gonna get a power bank for them eventually. but this is what i have so far.

just started staining it right now. will put more pics up soon.

comments?
nice, much better than my board
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I live in Texas so we don't generally have spare lumps of pine in our garages. Let alone trees to use
Hey, that little green note says 80 x 140.

Anyways, good luck with your pedalboard!
Quote by Mky
Hey, that little green note says 80 x 140.

Anyways, good luck with your pedalboard!

that made me laugh. thankyou
nice, i'm planning to make a board myself, but didn't do anything... maybe i can avoid mistakes by watching you
anyway, lot fun and success with your work!
You only live once, so give a **** and HAVE FUN!!!

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Fender Frontman FM210R with 65watts
Boss DS-1
Korg AX3G Multieffect-Pedal
^yeah i had thought of that but it would be hard. i may well do once its finished.

more pics! i pinned the wires down:

happy with it so far, apart from the bit between the suppressor and the boost, that got a bit messy. power should be coming in soon.
oh and also, i need a new way of keeping the pedals down there, the idea i had of velcro is rubbush cos it dont stick. anyone got any tips?

cheers!
SUPER GLUE!!!!lol jk velcro usually works is it doesnt ur screwed like tim_mop's mom last night
well, if i was you i'd have painted the board in any color, just for the optic... or but some capret on it. but for your pedals...why dont you glue some hook-and-loop tape on the board and the other part of it under the pedal? than it's fixed on the board and if you want to you can still change the pedals!
but very nice so far!

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Boss DS-1
Quote by skunk182
well, if i was you i'd have painted the board in any color, just for the optic... or but some capret on it. but for your pedals...why dont you glue some hook-and-loop tape on the board and the other part of it under the pedal? than it's fixed on the board and if you want to you can still change the pedals!
but very nice so far!

yeah i originally was gonna do the carpet thing, but couldnt find the right colour! haha. but oh well i like the wood thing :P

hook and loop tape? sorry please explain?
eeeer well i meant a tape....hmmm it feels like cotton, may it ios..on the one side very rough and the other side not ^^
sry im german as you see in my sig...
well a tape that holds together very closely, but can be ripped off quite easily...you know now?

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Boss DS-1
oh yeah. no thats velcro. at least i think thats what your saying =P sorry.

but problem with that is i cant get it to stick to the bottom of my pedals.. unless your suggesting i kinda wrap it around the pedal?
yes i ment that kinda tape...well, i think thats a point where you could use the superglue...or even glue in on the carpet i you'd use it
if the velcro fits depends on your pedals. i have a boss ds-1 with a rubber-bottom, don't know whetther it would work there... if you take the right glue i think it does, but theres even some special selfglueing velcro i heard...and if you have a pedal with plastic bottom like my korg toneworks, you won't have a problem with that..

Equipment:
Fender Fat Strat HSS
Les Paul Replica
Boss DS-1
For the most part, whenever you put it on the bottom of your pedals, unless there's a large section of exposed metal, you will have problems. In the majority of installs I've done with Boss style pedals, you have to remove the rubber pads on the bottom of the pedals before you can attach velcro...it just won't stick to that rubber.
mm yeah. its always the rubber stuff on the bottom the problems come with.

what about having like little wood things for the corners to keep it from moving? good idea?

thanks for all your help so far
I'm Making a Pedalboard!

Honestly, Who isnt these days? there everywhere on this forum!, even ive made one!, i opted for particle board, 2 tiers (mainly to hide all the psu crap under the second tier, and an insentive to buy more pedals) and finished it in a couple of carpet tiles i found at a local hardware store, litterally my "masterpiece" only cost me like £3.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Quote by WOWdoritos
Honestly, Who isnt these days? there everywhere on this forum!, even ive made one!, i opted for particle board, 2 tiers (mainly to hide all the psu crap under the second tier, and an insentive to buy more pedals) and finished it in a couple of carpet tiles i found at a local hardware store, litterally my "masterpiece" only cost me like £3.

well thanks for the help!

and sounds nice.
considering your board has a raised back and sides on the top itself and no front , you could easily cut down a piece of carpet/(tile) to fit into there, i finished mine is a real dark blue, infact if you had a huge as set up this could easily be used a seond tier on a larger board but im quessing thats out of the question anyway, as for a colour for this thing , i think dark blue/blood red/ black would be fairly awesome....but then again its your choice
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Tim! is making a pedal board. Excellent. *nods*
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
Any suggestions on how to add a powerstrip without making it look really crappy? I'm wanting to make everything one solid piece so it will be nice and portible, without having to plug in a bunch of different wires every time.
I just used some extra plywood from my board, and made little notches, or "holders" for the pedals.
I only use a few pedals, so for power, I just bolted a small Power Bar to the underside of the board. To keep everything clean-looking, all my cords are routed under the pedal board. It looks great and my pedals stay put.

Really nice job so far, btw.
Looks nice. Good luck.

How is the NS2? Does it change tone too drastically?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
Looks nice. Good luck.

How is the NS2? Does it change tone too drastically?

NS-2. it sucks no tone whatsoever. however unless your just after getting rid of hum while you arent playing i wouldnt get it!

thanks for all help and comments so far
Also for putting something down on it to keep them in place you could go to Walmart or some other general store. My mother has this stuff that you cut to fit your cupboard and you can put glue on the back of it to keep it down and it provides a nice grip. She used it to put a grip on a remote for one of her friends who is a quadriplegic (lacks the ability to move his arms and legs well)
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
I thought making my board with plain wood would work and look good, but it gets as dirty as hell, and it's hard to clean.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30