Alright, what do UGers think about the explosion in popularity of Japanese culture. I've read the sushi-loving and anime threads. Is Japan that cool, or is it hype?

I'm Japanese by the way.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Mar 3, 2007,
I just came back from Paris... and for some reason you cant walk down a street there without finding a sushi restaurant????

I personally tried it once and liked it... but I can see why most people wouldn't...
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
Well, its a completely different culture. sushi is great, manga has some really goood staff like ghost in the shell or ninja scroll we all love those japanese scholl students. But all this hype about japan is not new. IT has been going on for years.
Akira is a great movie. Sushi is pretty good. Nintendo kicks ass. Zen is about the only philosophy/religion I can buy into.

That's about all I know about Japan.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Japan is that cool.

In fact, if Japan were a group of cool kids in your neighborhood, you'd never roll with them.
Poor advice.