Could someone please explain to me what the difference is between a gibson thunderbird and an Epiphone thunderbird is.

It seems to me that the only difference is that a gisbon costs like 3 times as much

why?

thanks in advance

Set neck vs. neck thru.

And the wood in the neck and body on some models.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quality control is much better on the gibsons (not lately i've heard though) and you know your getting quality wood as eposed to getting whatever Epiphone can find at the time. I think the finish is different too. Like the Epiphone is a Poly finish and Gibson a Nitro.
Gibson is better, my friend's Ephiphone was f*cked up after about a month.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Most of it has been mentioned, it should also be noted that the Gibsons are all mahogany, whereas Epi Thunderbirds have an Alder body.

The pickups, etc. are obviously better on the Gibson as well.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.