Hey, i have a regular MIM strat and Im thinking of selling it for an upgrade. I dont have a lot of cash, and even the 650 for the 60's strat is pushing it. My question though is does anyone have any experience with this guitar? It looks great and from what Ive read, it plays great as well.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
well i want one, i think you should try to play it first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
What don't you like about your MIM strat? Have you considered just upgrading the hardware and pickups rather than buying a whole new guitar?
It sounds to me like you are already pretty well set with the Mexican. According to your sig it has vintage noisless pickups which will sound a lot like the 60's strat. In my opinion you should just wait a while until you can afford an American.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Well unfortunately the neck warped on my mexi and guitarcenter sent me a check replacing it that only works at guitarcenter. Id sell the other parts and id then have enough for the 60's. My previous plan was buying a neck from warmoth, but with a GC-only check, that never panned out.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
Well unfortunately the neck warped on my mexi and guitarcenter sent me a check replacing it that only works at guitarcenter. Id sell the other parts and id then have enough for the 60's. My previous plan was buying a neck from warmoth, but with a GC-only check, that never panned out.

Guitar center should refund your money. At least in New Zealand thats how consumer rights are. If you ask for a cash check then they should give it to you if its a faulty item
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Normally, if I were in the 60-return limit, I would. I did, however, buy it a year ago. This voided any chances of returning it and instead I had to rely on my extra-GC warranty.
In new zealand if i remember correctly goods must be functional for a reasonable length of time. This would be at least 5 years for a guitar. I don't think your warranty actually does cover anything that you don't already have and the consumer rights act. This is only if you were in NZ and i don't know what it'd be like in the states
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Oh well Ill definately look into that, thanks
If you print something off it'l make it a lot more convincing because they will think you know your stuff
Quote by marsvoltaguy
Print what off? Sorry, Im just not sure what you're referring to.
It's also not uncommon for a store to refund in store credit only, keep an eye out for return policies at GC. If there is a sign that says that, then that is how it is.
Yeah, its unfortunate I overlooked that, but I guess now I can use that as excuse to buy a new guitar...