What were your favourite rap albums of 2006?

Clipse- Hell Hath No Fury
I was anticipating this for 3 years and it turned out better than i ever could have expected. Unbelievably solid. The greatest beats the neptunes have made in years, and some incredible wordplay make this by far my favourite rap album of the year.

Ghostface- Fishscale
Definitely his best since Supreme Clientele, and possibly his best period.

DJ Drama & Lil Wayne- Dedication 2
Lil wayne has made by far the biggest improvement in rap history. He is lyrically superior to just about everyone in the game other than Pusha T and Malice, and this could well be the greatest mixtape ever.

Still yet to hear T.I.'s King and Lupe's debut. Looking forward to the new Wu-tang in 2007.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I don't think there were any good hip-hop albums in '06. Just like every other genre hip-hop seems to have gone way down hill.
Ghostface hands ****ing down.

07 will be good to with GhostDoom and Cuban Linx 2 and finally a new Wu Tang album.

It's gonna be a good year for the Clan.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Jedi Mind Tricks - Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Only album I check out this year, need to check out Fishscale and Hip Hop is Dead.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Jedi Mind Tricks - Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Only album I check out this year, need to check out Fishscale and Hip Hop is Dead.

Seconded. That's the only album that came out this year that I bought, but I absolutely loved it. Just brilliant.
Fishscale is all I've heard so far. I still need to cop Hip-Hop is Dead, the JMT album, Game Theroy, HHNF, Food & Liquor and maybe More Fish.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Mar 3, 2007,
^ I Forgot Game Theory. Quite good album. Their best since Things Fall Apart. Actually gonna see The Roots live this month. Supposedly it's quite the experience.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by trev_smith12
^ I Forgot Game Theory. Quite good album. Their best since Things Fall Apart. Actually gonna see The Roots live this month. Supposedly it's quite the experience.

you lucky dog

My favourite was a Dutch one last year: Eigen Wereld by Opgezwolle.

Other than that (because obviously, nobody cares about Opgezwolle): The Roots. They're still good after all this time... i think they've been around for almost 15 years now.
LOL, you keep bringing Opgezwolle up, I'll have to check them out soon.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I do seem to be whoring out my favorite artists to absurd lengths...
Part of me feels dirty afterwards but still i just can't help myself.
Haha, that's ok. I just find it hard to take a Dutch crew called Swollen Up seriously

Sutter Kain's August Underground is badass.