i was thinking of some ideas for a summer job for my first job and my parents had a good idea. a golf course. im not exactly sure what i would do, but has anyone here worked at one that would have some kind of an idea? im 16 if that helps. thanks for any help
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i know people who have worked at golf courses. mainly it was like in the shop. you wont be kept busy though. at some courses with driving ranges you can get to go in the armoured cart to collect all the golf balls. but then you get twats like me trying to hit the cart with the golf balls.
hm i was thinking stuff like collecting the balls like you said, maybe taking any trash or anything out of the carts when theyre done, and recharging them. im not sure what else. anyone else have an idea?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
There are Cashier jobs, I'm sure. You'd probably have to phone the Golf Course and ask.
yea, you would probably be working in one of three ways

a) working on the course, keeping it in nice condition: this is unlikely, they usually employ proper artisans to do this who know how best to look after the grass etc

b) working in the pro shop: this is the most likely... its basically like working in a small shop, serving the odd customer, accepting a few deliveries... maybe busy on weekends, but quite quiet the majority of the time unless your course is a famous one

c) caddying: this is where the real money is... and its actually fun to do if you arent bored completely by golf, and can handle a little bit of hard work on a hot summer's day...

Even if your course does not have a caddy shack (most dont nowadays) then still adverttise your services to the members either on the notice board or whatever, if you are working in the pro shop you can still do a bit of caddying here and there when you are free... rich people play golf, and they like to relax when playing... Its not uncommon to get paid over £10 an hour for caddying.

I once caddied for a guy who was a big gambler... he won £1000 from his opponent and tipped me 10%... It didn't even feel like work because I was enjoying the 'thrill' of the competition if you will...
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
Caddy!
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I worked at a golf course. My day consisted of avoiding work and driving around the course on awesome vehicles.

Occasionally I'd have to rake bunkers or pull weeds.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
^sounds awesome. i just dont want to get stuck cleaning toilets there or something. anyone else?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Caddyers get LOTS of money if your good. I did it one summer...by the ned of the summer with all my experience, I was making >200 a day+pay.

If your goodand know a lot about golfand the different clubs, you get big tips. But the bag can get heavy depending on the playetr.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
well i just called the course and the guy said i could work in
A-the cart barn, any idea what i would be doing there?
B-the restaurant-defeats the purpose of working at a golf course
C-cleaning shit up-also defeats the purpose
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I worked as a caddy when I was 17 for a summer. Some good money to be made there, but it all depends on tips.

Pros:
1.You can work whenever you want.
2.You out in the open air.
3.Meet new people every day.
4.Can make a lot of money.

Cons:
1.Sometimes you can get stuck caddying for a right prick and then you're stuck with him for the whole day.
2.Might get stuck working for a cheapass who won't tip you, despite the fact you do a good job.
3.Competition with other caddys to see who gets tipped more. This really did my head in, 'cause I was working with my friends.

I work at a golf course during the summer.

I have to wake up at 4:30am... It's a lot harder than you think, a lot of hard odd jobs like weeding a flowerbed that is the size of a football field by hand, opening irrigation valves at 9:30pm, and lastly, weeding and degrassing a bunker when people are launching golf balls at you.
does anybody have any other pretty creative ideas like that for a first job?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
i wrk at the golf course in the summer and i drive round in the buggy with soil sand an seed and fill every divot on the course every week. and i weed some of teh big ragwort and sometimes i cut teh tee boxes and fairways with teh machines and do a bit of strimming basic manual labour. its good tho gets me out of the house.
Quote by RobbieMac2002
yea, you would probably be working in one of three ways

a) working on the course, keeping it in nice condition: this is unlikely, they usually employ proper artisans to do this who know how best to look after the grass etc

b) working in the pro shop: this is the most likely... its basically like working in a small shop, serving the odd customer, accepting a few deliveries... maybe busy on weekends, but quite quiet the majority of the time unless your course is a famous one

c) caddying: this is where the real money is... and its actually fun to do if you arent bored completely by golf, and can handle a little bit of hard work on a hot summer's day...

Even if your course does not have a caddy shack (most dont nowadays) then still adverttise your services to the members either on the notice board or whatever, if you are working in the pro shop you can still do a bit of caddying here and there when you are free... rich people play golf, and they like to relax when playing... Its not uncommon to get paid over £10 an hour for caddying.

I once caddied for a guy who was a big gambler... he won £1000 from his opponent and tipped me 10%... It didn't even feel like work because I was enjoying the 'thrill' of the competition if you will...

Hey i noticed you were in london, could you give me the name of the golf course you caddied at please ? if its in london that is cheers