i've just bought a cheap bass as my band is short of a bassist so i'm filling in until we get a permanent bassist (i play guitar). at the moment i'm going to be using an old guitar amp until i can afford/ find a good bass amp to use. what amp do you guys recommend? i'm not going to have much money but i'm gonna need it to be able to play small gigs, would a 60 watt amp be loud enough?

EDIT: style of music is mainly punk but i sometimes play a bit of metal aswell if that helps
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
I play through an old Fender Sidekick 65, so thats 65 watts and it is plenty powerful for a small gig, and seeing how newer models should be better, an amp around 60 should be fine. And I an the bassist and singer in a punk band so we probably play about the same.
Fender Jazz Bass (lefty)
Epiphone Les Paul (lefty)
look at the fender rumble series, you can get 60 or 100 watts so get either of them, not too expensive, probably the best bet for what you need
yeah i was looking at the fender rumble, would i be alright with the 60 watt or should i go for the 100 watt instead? i'm not wanting to really spend too much as it's only really a temporary thing me playing bass in the band and then it's only gonna get used when i wanna play some random bass lines while i'm at home
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
if only temporarily, get the 60 watt since its less money amd if your mainly going to use it at home, why need anymore volume? im sure it should be loud enough for the few shows you have