I'm a fairly new guitarist been playing for a little over a year. I was using a piece of crap yamaha it was given to me so can't complain too much. The yamaha was good as a beginner guitar but I've become better and would like to upgrade to a better guitar. I've narrowed my search down to a couple guitars I like.

First Guitar:

Schecter S-1 Elite

Set 3-piece mahogany neck.
Mahogany body.
Rosewood fingerboard.
22 jumbo frets.
Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups.
Toggle with 2 vol and 1 coil tapping tone.
TonePros Tune-o-Matic thru-body tremolo.

Schecter C-1 HellRaiser

Set 3-piece mahogany neck with ultra access cut-away.
Mahogany body with quilted maple top.
Rosewood fingerboard.
24 X-Jumbo Frets.
EMG Active 81/85 pickups.
3-way switch with 2 vol and 1 tone.
TonePros Tune-o-Matic thru-body tremolo.

I decided to go with Schecter because they seem like quality guitars that are affordable. The big difference in the guitars is the electronics and pickups. But I can't seem to make up my mind on one or the other. So can anyone offer any opinions on which guitar I should choose? As for what music I play. Classic Rock, Rock, Metal. If thats a deciding factor on the guitar.
Id go with the HellRaiser
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
If it came down to those 2:

Schecter C-1 HellRaiser
(24 Frets > 22 Frets)

Duncan Design = Crap.
EMG > Duncan Design.

But it's your personal taste that matters most.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
plus the hellraiser has a quilted maple top which looks great.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Have u ever even played a Schecter before?..........my advice to you would to go to a music store (Preferably a Guitar Center) with an open mind and try out anything that interests you......and if u find a guitar you like...research it and make a purchase!
Hellraiser if I had to choose...

Though, honestly, I've played them both, and I liked the sound of the S-1 Elite better for some reason, maybe it was just the amp I was playing on though. Plus it's just a different looking guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
sorry guys but i haven't heard of these guitars.
what are the body shapes? If you are just starting you should get a guitar that is made for more sit-down playing. Examples like the strat or the SG ( YESS!!) are good choices for sit down guitars. Les pauls work too.
I have played the S-1 Elite, went to my local guitar center they didn't have the Hellraiser. I played a variety of Schecter guitars and played a few others. Schecter seems to be pretty good compared to other high end guitars I have played is why I chose Schecter. Plus I have a budget for a new guitar, not trying to spend more than a thousand on one. The body styles of the two guitars are completely different. Here is a link for the hellraiser: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105. And here is a link for the S-1 Elite: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-S1-Elite?sku=518153.