Page 1 of 2
Which do you find to be to be the most used and you like the most? Top 3. Doesn't have to be a model, just a type of effect.
1. OD
2. Reverb
3. Delay

Just what I think.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
1. OD/Distortion
2. WahWah
3. Octave (donno why, but somethin about just sounds wicked)

Thats My 2 cents
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Quote by Jinskee
1. OD
2. Reverb
3. Delay

Just what I think.

yeah that sounds about right, im not a fan of reverb though, i prefer chorus
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
1.Delay
2.Reverb
3.Wah (my personal Fav., although i don't have one, hahahaha)

(i consider OD part of the amp, not effects)
definitely Wah, Distortion, and probably delay or chorus
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Wah
OD/Distortion
Chorus or REverb or Delay.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
1) OD/comp (I count them as the same I guess)
2) Delay
3) Wah

Whammy's gotta be a close #4 though lol.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
1. OD/Distortion
2. Wah
3. Delay

These effects are great for me and most other users I see.

Of course if I added a few more it would be:

4.Reverb
5.Whammy
6.Tremolo
7.Phaser

But those aren't used as much, their great effects.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Mar 3, 2007,
for me, delay, reverb and chorus.

OD or distortion, if you count them as fx (or if your amp doesn't have enough on its own), would also be in there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ reverb and delay are similar. reverb mimics the reverberations/ambient small echoes of being in a small room, delay is like more distinct repeats/echoes rather than ambience (you can actually hear it playing back what you played if you set the delay time long enough), chorus is different, though, it's a slight delay and modulation (detuning) to make it sound like more than one guitar is playing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OD, wah, and... dunno. Reverb, I guess. I pretty much do everything with those two. Gotta have my wah and overdrive.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ reverb and delay are similar. reverb mimics the reverberations/ambient small echoes of being in a small room, delay is like more distinct repeats/echoes rather than ambience (you can actually hear it playing back what you played if you set the delay time long enough), chorus is different, though, it's a slight delay and modulation (detuning) to make it sound like more than one guitar is playing.

Oh so chorus is like, sounding like, 2 guitarist as the same time?

I wanna get the stuff that buckethead uses, though I'm sure he has effects like women have shoes and purses.
go to the official buckethead thread... godly moose should be able to help you out with that
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Symphonic Waves

I wanna get the stuff that buckethead uses, though I'm sure he has effects like women have shoes and purses.

On their feet and in their hands?
1. OD
2. Reverb
3. Wah
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
1.Delay
2.Overdrive

3.Reverb

In order. Man my favorite is a perfectly used delay....
It's strange how almost everyone lists delay; I don't see how it could be used in a good way.
Quote by mr_hankey
It's strange how almost everyone lists delay; I don't see how it could be used in a good way.

apart from the intro to welcome to the jungle
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah, I've never been a big fan of delay. Maybe it's just that I'm not good with playing the right way to accomodate the effect; or maybe I just hate it. Dunno.
Quote by mr_hankey
On their feet and in their hands?

Actually, he has a super multi-fx pedal made especially for him by Colonel Sanders in his bucket.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
1. Overdrive/Distortion
2. Delay/Echo

I only really use two (for recording and gigs)
Sometimes I plug in wah, but never for serious playing.

I use other stuff like noise gates/eq's and supressors, but other than making the actually guitar signals sound different to a normal ear, just those 2.
Last edited by georgeazguitar at Mar 4, 2007,
What about flange a nice jetplane-like sweeping sound helps carry on a song
1.Delay
2.FLANGE
3.Octave
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Not counting OD/Distortion stuff, my favorites are...

1-Delay/Reverb (cause its not the same when theyre apart, right?)
2-Chorus
3-Compression
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
1. OD/Distortion
2. Wah
2. Chorus

Quote by mr_hankey

philistine! lol, but no, for adding dimensons to solos, for creating harmonies, to add depth to cleans....
Quote by sam i am

philistine! lol, but no, for adding dimensons to solos, for creating harmonies, to add depth to cleans....

That's what reverb is used for.
Quote by mr_hankey
That's what reverb is used for.

Well you can't do harmonies with reverb, and reverb doesn't "add depth" in the same way, I mean like in a lot of Vai/Satriani songs they use delay on solos...
Since your amp more than likely had distortion on it already I'll ignore that:

1. Delay
2. Chorus
3. Wah

Just make your own choices. Despite the fact I 'need' a delay more, I got a Wah Wah and a Whammy over that because I decided I'd rather have something with an expression pedal that I can control and use as a tool for my playing as opposed to an passive 'on/off' effect.
- Dan

Epi. Les Paul /w Duncan Pups
Marshall 30MGDFX
Digitech Hot Head Distortion
Whammy Pedal :P
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'd say:

1. Chorus
2. Delay
3. Wah

I really regret getting a multi-fx now cos those three are all I use out of like 50 different effects :/
well chorus can be made in the studio with two guitars, reverb can be made just by standing in a large room, phasing can be done with tapes as can flanging, octaving can be done in harmonies as can a harmoniser or whammy pedal, delay can be made using over dubbing so can looping, fuzz from torn speakers, distortion from an amp.

so the only effect i can see actually being usefull is a wah.
Page 1 of 2