Well, i say friends, she's one of my mate's cousins and she is looking into starting.

She says she wants to play a variety of genres, so i pretty much instantly thought of maybe a Vox. Guitar im pretty clueless on.

Luckily enough theres a local shop which say they feel they have to knock 20% off all internet prices so that's cool (i just show them Gak's prices and watch their smiles fade haha) only problem is that she only has roughly £130 to spend but she thinks she could probably persuade her parents to get it up to £150. She knows as much as me that she's not going to get a shit hot setup, but she doesnt want that, she just wants something she can have a practise on until she decides whether she wants to percivere with guitar playing or not.

So my question is which Vox (remember not too big or expensive) should she go for- or any other amp, other suggestions would be cool. And erm, what guitar?

thanks

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yeah get an acoustic and play that for 3 years
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Aye... I'm afraid a shitty Starter Pack is the best you can afford...
for rent
Hmm....she really doesnt want to start on an acoustic to be honest- bear in mind this shop will knock off 20% from the net....lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

rockkit from marshall
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

toast- i looked at that and yeah we're considering it.

i put it to her parents is they were willing she could get an epi les paul jnr and a vox valvetronix 15 watt for a little more than they were hoping to spend

would this be good? i have no first-hand experience with either
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

if she can get £200, i'd say yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube or vox da5...

20% off internet prices might get you down to that for £150... if the shop honours that deal. I've seen the pacifica for like £139 on gak (something like that), microcube for about £64?

What's that, £203?

- 20% = £160 odd.

yeah, try that. only works if the shop honours that 20%, though. And with those prices, it might not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if she can get £200, i'd say yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube or vox da5...

20% off internet prices might get you down to that for £150... if the shop honours that deal. I've seen the pacifica for like £139 on gak (something like that), microcube for about £64?

What's that, £203?

- 20% = £160 odd.

yeah, try that. only works if the shop honours that 20%, though. And with those prices, it might not.

right okay cheers Dave

and yeah, more often than not they live up to their 20% discount. I got my peavey 6505+ off there for £780 which isnt bad going for the UK

Edit: hahaha

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-erg121-guitar-pack/70804

what i started on

yeah yamaha pacifica 112J- £139 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-pacifica112j/1269

microcube- £64
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/roland-micro-cube/12942
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 3, 2007,
^

yeah, i mean normally you need around £200 to get something half-decent, but that 20% just about swings it down to £150 or so. Lucky for you guys!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?