I just rented Traynor DG15 and wow, the overdrive channel is just... "shit".
DG15 is only $100 so I know the sound are supposed to be crap but it's so bad it's unplayable. Having said that, I was planning to get Traynor Custom Valve 40 All tube amp which is $600, I don't know if I want to get that anymore. I know that $100 amp and $600 amp will be a LOT of difference but I'm not too sure if I'll be satisfied with it.

People who have tried All Tube Traynor amp could you give me some feedbacks?
can you not try the valve 40 yourself?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Isn't the DG15 solid state...

Problem solved?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
the ycv40 is very nice. I haven't tried the cheapo traynors, but the valve ones are nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I play through a YCV40WR and it is very nice. But, it doesn't have quite enough gain for me. It will do 80's metal such as Van Halen pretty well if you have pretty hot pickups (I use a Dimarzio super distortion and PAF pro in my RG). Keep in mind I retubed it with the high gain kit from Eurotubes

Cleans and classic rock sort of sounds are awesome. I need heavier though, so I'm selling it to get a Mark IV or Engl Powerball. By the way, I can get you some sound clips if you want, and I will also sell it to you. PM me if you're interested
Thanks for all the reply.
REPOMAN: Hi, I'm interested in playing 80's rock/metal as well. Do you think this amp will have enough gain for Satriani, Vai, Slash and such?
Could you make me a quick sound clip of the overdrive channel for that amp

Thanks
I have that amp. Its awesome, but it doesn't have a ton of overdrive. Good for classic rock, but bad for metal.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by ovvyiljs
Thanks for all the reply.
REPOMAN: Hi, I'm interested in playing 80's rock/metal as well. Do you think this amp will have enough gain for Satriani, Vai, Slash and such?
Could you make me a quick sound clip of the overdrive channel for that amp

Thanks

Yeah it has more than enough for shreddy solos, and even for a bit of chunky palm muted riffs, at least with the high gain tube kit / slightly hot pickup combo.

I'll get back to you with clips, I have to take it with my camera and will have to figure out how to extract the sound from it
http://www.filefactory.com/file/daa8d5/

Go there to download..

The clips sound like crap.. my camera mic sucks and only records in 8-bit audio. My playing is horrible right now too (mistakes everywhere). Those are only to show the amount of gain available, I imagine if the amp actually sounded like it does in the clips it would be the worst tube amp available

That is with gain dimed btw
Quote by ovvyiljs
I just rented Traynor DG15 and wow, the overdrive channel is just... "shit".
DG15 is only $100 so I know the sound are supposed to be crap but it's so bad it's unplayable. Having said that, I was planning to get Traynor Custom Valve 40 All tube amp which is $600, I don't know if I want to get that anymore. I know that $100 amp and $600 amp will be a LOT of difference but I'm not too sure if I'll be satisfied with it.

People who have tried All Tube Traynor amp could you give me some feedbacks?

Don't judge the Traynor all tube amps based on your experience with the DG15. That would be like wanting a Marshall Plexi, trying an MG then changing your mind based on that.
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?