hey, i have well and truely haxed my strings now so i'm looking to buy a new set... so far members of this forum have helped me to choose the best equipment imaginable to suit my needs so i'm hoping you wont let me down. I own a yamaha pacifica 112 and i have no idea what gauge strings are on at the moment but i primeraly play metal/shred (or try to) so i was wondering what the recommendations are?

thanks in advance
What tuning do you usually play in?

As far as companies go, I like Ernie Ball the best, but I can't really tell you what gauge would be suitable until I know how far you detune.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you play in standard tuning, 10s would probably be the best place to start. Get single packs from different companies until you find the ones that work best for you.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
ok thanks.. as for tuning i'm primeraly in standard or drop d/c i only play for a hobby i'm not in a band so i don't write in any form of tuning so i guess something nice and versitile would be great... hope that helps.. thanks!
I usually play in drop D or C and I use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies. The first 3 strings are 9 gauge for better bending and the last 3 are 10 gauge better for detuning to C.

If you want even heavier, go to the 11s or The small on bottom Big on top ones which are 10s on the first 3 and 12s i think on the last 3 strings. I was going to try these, but the guy at the store said I'd most likely have to have my SG set up for them, so I went with the hybrids instead and I love them

P.S. I used to use Super Slinkies (9s) but I started playing in C and they made my lower 3 strings sound like they were going to die, so I had to go higher gauge.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Mar 3, 2007,
Actually, if you play shred, 9s are your best bet, however considering you play drop tunings, try some heavy bottoms, like those Zakk Wylde ones I think are something like that.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure