Page 1 of 2
Hey i wanna know if all b.c riches suck or not cause i have a drummer friend who says they suck cause he worked on a friend of mines bronze model warlock "50 bucks used" and it fell apart within days because he abbused the whammy like crazy and i'm looking at a platinum pro 700 beast and i was wondering if they're that bad. thanks
The cheap ones? like under $300.. probably aren't the best playing guitars.. but for looks they're cool
I have a bronze series warlock and its not that bad. Like i get shit for having just becuase its kinda low end but i like it. Plus i think theyre jealous bcause it looks kool lol. But no not all b.c riches suck the one your getting should be pretty damn good.
Yeah, i've played many low end ones that my friends own and i don't think they're as bad as everyone makes them out to be but they aren't that good. I'm sure that the platinum series are a lot lot nicer but i've never tried one, i'd suggest you look for an impartial review like the ones from magazines not from owners.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
I have a BC Rich Warlock bass... I got it used for 100 and it's better than my $320 Ibanez.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i don't think you should go for a bc rich cuase they arn't the greatest just good for looks. If you really want a look go for the Jackson Kelly or Vs? but yea u'll be best going for the ibanezs or some esps and jacksons for metal. But please try them out b4 u buy
Quote by rollingstones
I have a bronze series warlock and its not that bad. Like i get shit for having just becuase its kinda low end but i like it. Plus i think theyre jealous bcause it looks kool lol. But no not all b.c riches suck the one your getting should be pretty damn good.

You have a Nirvana avatar and use the word "kool".

Your opinion is invalid.

I'd only buy a BC Rich is I found one of the <$1000 for like $500.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You have a Nirvana avatar and use the word "kool".

Your opinion is invalid.

I'd only buy a BC Rich is I found one of the <$1000 for like $500.

why do u have to be an ass.my instructor has a bc rich and its amazing. im thinkin bout gettin 1.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
yeh, i want a beast. they sound pretty cool and they look amazing. wat colour or design do u thinks the best?
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
i reluctantly played a platinum beast about 2 weeks ago and it wasnt terrible. personally i wouldnt buy it, as the materials and finish felt a bit too 'synthetic', but it didnt sound half bad with a metal zone through a hiwatt half stack.
For the money, you can get a far better guitar. That's all there is to it.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
The low end ones aren't worth anyone's time of day. The higher end ones are supposed to be pretty decent guitars, I can't say from my own opinion though. I think you're paying alot for the impractical shape.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I own one of the highend ones, and yes I did get a deal I would say that its pretty good. It has an awesome metal sound, but not too good clean. IMO you are paying alot for the shape, but then again you pay alot for the V too, and it looks cool

Anyways its all about the person playing.
Plus i think theyre jealous bcause it looks kool lol.

AHAHAHA, no.

BTW, to the OP, learn how to use comas, ffs!
I Heard That Low-End B.C. Rich's Have Sucky Pups, but then Again, I've only Heard That. But The Model You're getting Seems To Be Good, i Would Throw A Seymour Duncan Rock Pack In It Though (Sh-2 And Dist. Bucker).
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by Welsh Guitar
EW, those are disgusting, and they're made from nato, which is worse than agathis.

Isn't Nato like a kind of Asian mahogony?

And rollingstones, seriously, stop getting so defensive. The way you type makes you (and the OP) seem like either an idiot or a 13 year old, whether you are one or not.

I also wouldn't really trust silvertoness11's opinion on how stuff sounds, seeing as he has a Silvertone and a Jackson JS1.

Overall, it's widely agreed upon that lowend BC Riches are overpriced pieces of shit, whereas they platinum series and above is alright (although I'd still say overpriced) and they're a pretty good custom shop.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Mar 3, 2007,
I like Bc riches. That's why I bought two warlocks bwahaha! I got some crap from people for having a bronze but whatever. I got nothing but compliments on my Nj series, which is odd because I play my bronze more hahaha. No Bc rich has failed me yet. Not gonna lie though the 2005 and 2006 models were dissapointing. 2007 looks great for Bc rich.

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
I think now is also a good time to point out that people's opinions are usually biased HEAVILY in favor of things they own for no particular reason other than they own it. I've definitely done the same thing (what are you talking about, my Marshall MG15CD ****ing owns!). If you want an unbiased review, either ask someone who has a ton of gear, or someone who doesn't own one.

Not to mention a lot of people who own BC Riches are new to the guitar, and wouldn't know a good sounding guitar from, well, a Bronze Warlock.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Quote by Jongpil Yun
I think now is also a good time to point out that people's opinions are usually biased HEAVILY in favor of things they own for no particular reason other than they own it. I've definitely done the same thing (what are you talking about, my Marshall MG15CD ****ing owns!). If you want an unbiased review, either ask someone who has a ton of gear, or someone who doesn't own one.

Not to mention a lot of people who own BC Riches are new to the guitar, and wouldn't know a good sounding guitar from, well, a Bronze Warlock.

Although you make good points, its not true in my case. I went from a fender to a bc rich. And obviously the Bc rich suited my needs alot better than the strat. But it basically all comes down to personal preferance.

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
Quote by rollingstones
and you are just a plain idiot

Why? Just because I think it's stupid to assume that people say BC Riches are crap because they are jelous of the shape?...
Quote by Jongpil Yun
Isn't Nato like a kind of Asian mahogony?

And rollingstones, seriously, stop getting so defensive. The way you type makes you (and the OP) seem like either an idiot or a 13 year old, whether you are one or not.

I also wouldn't really trust silvertoness11's opinion on how stuff sounds, seeing as he has a Silvertone and a Jackson JS1.

Overall, it's widely agreed upon that lowend BC Riches are overpriced pieces of shit, whereas they platinum series and above is alright (although I'd still say overpriced) and they're a pretty good custom shop.

ok buddy im gonna get rele defensize here. trust me i heard plenty guitars since i' ve herd my instructor play all 27 of his guitars and the bc rich he has kicks ass.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

^ Somehow, I'm thinking that he has a nicer BC Rich then one of the lower end models.
Its common knowledge that all low-end guitars like the bronze series are.. well, low-end. They may be playable, but compared to nicer guitars, like the USA BC Riches or even the NJs, they are absolute crap.

Oh, and the word is "heard."
Quote by silvertoness11
ok buddy im gonna get rele defensize here. trust me i heard plenty guitars since i' ve herd my instructor play all 27 of his guitars and the bc rich he has kicks ass.

You defend your JS jackson, your Silvertone, and now BC Rich?

You truly are the dumbest person on this board, congratulations.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You defend your JS jackson, your Silvertone, and now BC Rich?

You truly are the dumbest person on this board, congratulations.

ok genius i dont defend my silvertone u would know if u read my posts u stupid pot hed. trust me i hve played many jackons and i know mines not so good but i happen to like it. the end low bc rich's and low end jackosn's arent the greatests and people r gonna piss people off wen they say tht. and u mite know wht ur talkin bout get raped honestly, i alawys end up fighting u. and for wat... caus i happen to appreciate my guitar and not be a selfish bastard. no respect for u sir. and food for funk....... just die. i could get a better guitatr if I wanted 1. im just not gonna be a poser bitch like ur and say i hve a rele good guitar tht i hve no right playing caus theres no point of gettin a rele high end guitar when someone just started out. u would know tht u poser bitch just don't start
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

The low end ones are poorly built, have very poor resonance, have sterile pickups, and (in my opinion) look like crap.

The middle end ones (that you are looking at) are made of agathis and have as poor resonance as the Bronze series.

That being said, the custom ones that I have played have been amazing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by silvertoness11
ok genius i dont defend my silvertone u would know if u read my posts u stupid pot hed. trust me i hve played many jackons and i know mines not so good but i happen to like it. the end low bc rich's and low end jackosn's arent the greatests and people r gonna piss people off wen they say tht. and u mite know wht ur talkin bout get raped honestly, i alawys end up fighting u. and for wat... caus i happen to appreciate my guitar and not be a selfish bastard. no respect for u sir. and food for funk....... just die. i could get a better guitatr if I wanted 1. im just not gonna be a poser bitch like ur and say i hve a rele good guitar tht i hve no right playing caus theres no point of gettin a rele high end guitar when someone just started out. u would know tht u poser bitch just don't start

The **** did you just say?

Ever think of running your posts through microsoft word for the spellcheck? I think you spelled every word in that wrong.
Dickless.
Avoid the low-end, like any other guitar. Low-ends suck. The high-ends are good, but not worth the money. If your gonna buy a BC Rich, look for an 80's/90's model, or wait a couple years. BC Rich seems to be getting back into shape this year-maybe they'll be a good brand in the future.
there about the same quality as everything in its price range, but, personally, i think they are as ugly as sin
Try ESP.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
NJ's and custom shop ones are the only ones IMO worth considering. the NJ bichs and mocking birds rule.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by silvertoness11
Ok genius i don't defend my silvertone u would know if u read my posts you stupid pot hed. trust me i have played many jackons and i know mines not so good but i happen to like it. the end low bc rich's and low end jackosn's arent the greatests and people r gonna piss people off wen they say tht. and u mite know wht ur talkin bout get raped honestly, i alawys end up fighting u. and for wat... caus i happen to appreciate my guitar and not be a selfish bastard. no respect for u sir. and food for funk....... just die. i could get a better guitatr if I wanted 1. im just not gonna be a poser bitch like ur and say i hve a rele good guitar tht i hve no right playing caus theres no point of gettin a rele high end guitar when someone just started out. u would know tht u poser bitch just don't start

Well I'm glad you like your guitars- it just doesn't make sense to me why you would settle for such low-quality instruments if, like you say, you could get a better guitar if you wanted.

Oh and this is directed towards the general BC Rich debate- do they make all of their production guitars out of nato and agathis now, excluding the specials?

And what is nato anyways?
agathis i believe. idk bout nato google it
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Page 1 of 2